De-lurking with Boxwood spoon

Staghound

Forager
Apr 14, 2008
Powys
www.mid-waleslogbuildings.co.uk
Hi all, I've been lurking around this site for a while now and since it seems to be compulsory to open with a "my first spoon" post, here's my effort. I made it from some box that I had kicking about. Thanks for looking.

IMG_5182-1.jpg

IMG_5183.jpg

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham

Staghound

Forager
Apr 14, 2008
Powys
Thanks for the comments, must admit that I was quietly satisfied with it for a first attempt. I think my next try will be something more fancy but probably in a softer wood, seasoned box takes a lovely finish but boy is it hard. I haven't done much carving before, although I work with wood all the time it's usually on this sort of scale

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll285/Soppywolf/IMG_5152.jpg

Different set of techniques altogether.

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Now that I like, care to show us some more? if you put
after your picture code it will pop up like this,

IMG_5152.jpg

or since you are using photobucket simply click on the IMG code by the picture and it will copy it for you with the

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Thanks for that Robin, I hadn't figured out how to post pics directly. I've got more cabin shots but ought check with moderators before posting (don't want to cause offense by "advertising" inappropriately)

You won't be infringing the rules if you just post the pictures mate. It's when you try to sell them quoting prices that it becomes an issue. Photos that showcase your skills and craft are always welcome.

Eric

Staghound

Forager
Apr 14, 2008
Powys
Sorry didn't mean to freak you, I looked at your website saw you were near here and got curious as I didn't even know there was a Bushcraft school in the area so I checked the phone book. It did cross my mind after I posted that it might seem a bit stalkerish

oops

Steve

Staghound

Forager
Apr 14, 2008
Powys
Maybe your next bit of detective work could be to work out where each other drink :lmao:
Nicola

PS nice spoon ... and what's your hound?

Thanks, the mutt is three quarters deerhound, quarter greyhound and 100% daft puppy,

Cool,
I was curious myself, admire your initiative and detective work!
I still think a sherbert is in order.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Beer is definitely a good idea, BTW I know another like minded chap (lives in a yurt, carves spoons etc) v.close to you.

cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE