DD hammocks. Something to consider!

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
I have a DD camping hammock and was considering changing to the super light but one thing I liked about the camping hammock was the fact I can sleep inside the two layers or put a wool blanket or mat between them to insulate me, which you can't with the one layered super light. So I was pondering on it during the group buy and realised that if you sleep between the layers of the camping hammock you need to halve the load capacity which would mean you need to be under 10 stone, which I am not! So the fact I have an underblanket now and I am too heavy to sleep between the layers of the camping hammock I may as well switch to the superlight???

Have I convinced myself with your input? :D

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Not sure what you mean. I weigh 17st and often sleep between the layers on my camping hammock. I use it when I'm in Greece and find I don't need a mossie net if I sleep between the layers. I also have a superlight here which I hang with whoopie slings and use an underblanket.

tracker1972

Forager
Jun 21, 2008
Matlock
I think what he means is "I want a new hammock and have made up some justification. Can I have a new hammock?"
To which the answer is "I can see you have thought about it, yes, you can have a new hammock."

Will that do? :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
I think what he means is "I want a new hammock and have made up some justification. Can I have a new hammock?"
To which the answer is "I can see you have thought about it, yes, you can have a new hammock."

Good point. Sorry to interfere in the reasoning behind buying new kit. Quite right the reasoning is clear to me now. A DD superlight hammock would be a most excellent addition to your kit.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Not sure what you mean. I weigh 17st and often sleep between the layers on my camping hammock. I use it when I'm in Greece and find I don't need a mossie net if I sleep between the layers. I also have a superlight here which I hang with whoopie slings and use an underblanket.

I was only stating what I had read on DD hammocks website so other people were aware of the information.

That would have been the shorter way of putting it haha!

You'll be fine with what you've got Chris.

I know Colin, I wouldn't bother changing any of my kit unkess I started to use it more regularly.

Idleknight

Forager
Aug 14, 2013
United Kingdom, Near Hinckley
I suspect you are fine with using one of the layers rather than two. It has been mentioned in many places it is a feature of some of the DD hammocks that you can sleep between the layers. If this did indeed cause the weight limit to be halved, someone would of broken one and complained by now.
But if you need to know send them a mail, the customer service is great.

I'm quite curious now about what would break on the hammock first if too much weight is on it. As its always handy to know the weak points and keep an eye open for them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE