DD Hammocks Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this reply from sandbag47 on a thread about a prospective group buy from DD Hammocks. I was going to buy a Travel Hammock which as of yesterday is out of stock so I thought I'd wait until the group buy comes along. However, and this question I guess is really pointed at sandbag47, is a group buy normally for a specific item or any item from, in this case, DD?

Pete.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
In the past it's been most of their products but not all. Certainly all hammocks and tarps have been included if memory serves correct...

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
That was the case last one I was in,, as it happens I'm looking at getting one for my youngest.

Ya, I've gone in on more than one to get my lad and friends hammocks as well. I'm sure it was the majority of stock that could be ordered at cut rates, no discount on underblankets though.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
what kind of reduction are we looking at on the DD products and will it be for a specific item or will it be a free for all where there are set prices for stuff and you can order what you like?

The reason I'm asking is that i really want a travel hammock and a 3x3 tarp so if a decent discount is available then sign me up lol

Dave

satosato

Forager
May 29, 2009
London
I was just looking at the DD Travel Hammock only the day before and was thinking of getting one, a GB would be brilliant!

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
When I tried I was discouraged as they prefer to deal specifically with sandbag47.

Bizarrely I've just ordered 5 more camping hammocks today...

Deck

Forager
Dec 31, 2010
Moray
I'd be interested in this as well, just not sue whether to get the travel or frontline... :bluThinki

Last edited:

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Well I need it posted to London before 20'th Feburary, I'm visiting my friends there from 16th to 22'th. If posted to LT then group buy will not save me anything.

effzedess

Apr 29, 2010
Peterborough
Count me in if someone is good enough to set up a GB. I need a tarp, just don't know whether to get the 3x3 or go BIG and get the 3x4.5. Any advice from existing users appreciated :)

Marc

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Count me in if someone is good enough to set up a GB. I need a tarp, just don't know whether to get the 3x3 or go BIG and get the 3x4.5. Any advice from existing users appreciated :)

Marc

Put simply the 3x3 is fine if you've got a DD but you'll find it barely any different to a stock tarp on a hennessy and mostly bad in the wrong places. I've got the 3x4.5 as well. I used it at the bushmoot and its pretty vast. Recently at a scout camp, we got 12 people sitting under it making nettle cordage. You can comfortably get four people and a table in luxury camping chairs playing cards in heavy rain as well :)

I tend to use the 3x4.5 for a rain fly and the hennessy stock as a privacy screen of sorts.

Norton

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2009
Glasgow
I'd be interested in this as well, just not sue whether to get the travel or frontline... :bluThinki

I sold my travel hammock on as I discovered that I sweat a lot in the night and they aren't breathable so I'd wake up with a damp sleeping bag. I bought a frontline instead which can't be used as a bivvy but to be honest I have plenty of alternatives that I'd usually have with me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE