dd hammock & condensation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
hi i have the dd hammock & dd tarp & also bought a snugpack underquilt on here..but i have been reading on a lot of forums that the dd suffers from condensation building up in the hammock..my hammock is unused and i am goind too get rid if a lot of people have this problem!! as i no this is not going too be used on the ground so who has had problems with there hammock......atb shogun

Last edited:

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
Hi Shogun,
does the condensation you read about only occur when people use sleeping mats in them? Apologies if this is stating the obvious but sleeping mats are non breathable and therefore cause insensible perspiration to condense.

I know that DD have some waterproof hammock, which I imagine would also cause the same problem. Is yours waterproof?

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
hi wentworth i think its because the travel hammock is not breathable.and yes mine is waterproof .but i have too say i was just a bit worried as i have been on a few forums & all seem too complain about this
condensation thing...but i just wanted too no how many people on here if any have had this problem..but at the end of the day i have too try it myself then i can plan on what too do next...atb Shogun..

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Hi,

I have the DD travel hammock. The double layer base is waterproof but not breathable. If you use a thermarest etc etc then you will experience some condensation in between the bottom 2 layers. The actual sleeping compartment Ive never had any condensation in.

In comparison to a small tent the condensation is minimal.

Nothing to do with DD Hammocks etc etc.

Hope this helps

John

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Hi Shogun

I had a DD Travel hammock for a while.

I did not use a mat between the layers and had a major problem with condensation making the top layer and my sleeping bag damp. Personally, my bag was so damp that I had to put it in the sun the next morning to dry it out.

I contacted DD Hammocks who initially advised me they had only received 2 complaints about condensation. I emailed them again and was offered the chance to upgrade to the frontline hammock, which was the new one at the time, for a restocking and reposting price of £20.00.

I took the upgrade, but haven't had a chance to try the new hammock out, due to a busy life.

My best advice would be to try your hammock and if you get condensation complain and see what they offer you.

Regards

Phill

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE