DD Camping Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greenbeast

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2009
Northiam, East Sussex
I received my first hammock this week, a DD camping hammock.

Both ends have a length of webbing through the channel, obviously giving me two loose ends at each end.
How do i use this? Do i pull it almost all the way through and tie the short end to the long (i.e. make a loop out of the short end and pass the long one through it) and then pass the long end around the tree or what?

Thanks

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Take both ends round your chosen tree (more times round the better) and tie the two ends in a bow (as per shoelaces).

The thick webbing and multiple winds round the tree, help protect the tree and the bow will untie the next morning easily.

I have the same DD hammock. Having spent my life sleeping (usually very well) in tents I was amazed at the extremely comfotavle sleep I had on my first outing in the hammock. You'll also notice how cut off you were in the tent.
Have to admit that I still go back to the tent once the temp gets below freezing! (wimp!).

Don't forget the pics from your first camp and your views on the hammock.

sandbag47

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 12, 2007
northampton
also look on DD's website as they also give advice and have utube vid's from pablo and others

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
There is loads of knots people use for fastening their hammocks up, but why over complicate things eh? ;) when everyone (well pretty much everyone:p) knows how to tie a shoe lace knot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE