DD 3x3 pyramid tent setup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
We've seen this before but it's explained really well on this vid ...

[video=youtube;yMAtpWQdVbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMAtpWQdVbY[/video]

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Damn thats a good looking setup! thnx for vid Shewie as you said it explains it much clearer then other vids, Will definitely be trying this setup next time I'm out with tarp :)

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
The one problem I've had with that sort of setup is that the the sides really get squashed down in high wind, and it all gets a bit claustrophobic. I ended up using kit to support the sides, but adding strategic guy points to the tarp would be better.

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
The one problem I've had with that sort of setup is that the the sides really get squashed down in high wind, and it all gets a bit claustrophobic. I ended up using kit to support the sides, but adding strategic guy points to the tarp would be better.

That's a good comment! I went back to double check about using extra guylines to hold out the sides and i wonder if the tarp was rotated 90 degrees so the line is actually horizontal to the back and front then the back and front are supported by poles and guys and the sides can have some guy support also - but, I haven't tried this yet.

Certainly going to have to have some lightweight walking trips planned for this coming year so I can try this video out and also the option of guys if you're on a window moor or so on

Hypnagog

Nov 12, 2012
Essex
hotchpotchblog.wordpress.com
I've just had a go at setting this up with my 3x3 tarp.

IMG_2777.jpg

I like the set up. The 2nd walking pole does create more space inside.

I used bungees to hold the door back, but the one thing that I had trouble with was getting the first walking pole to stay put, so I kept extending it to make it tighter, then when I looked at the reinforcement point on the tarp that I was using I saw that it had put a fair bit of strain on the stitching for the attachment points with the loops pulling away from the tarp by a couple of mm. I re-fixed it with epoxy, hopefully it'll hold.

I found that by giving the pole a good footing into the ground and by looping a piece of inner-tube to hold the tarp to the pole that it took some of the strain off the top and worked out well.

IMG_2781.jpg

After a little bit of tinkering with the pegs to straighten things out it was looking pretty good.

I'm planning to use this set up next month in Wales. Hopefully it won't cave in on me under the weight of the rain!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE