DC4 sharpener not flat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MJM1

Forager
Feb 2, 2011
Stourbridge
I've got a DC4 sharpener, only had a couple of weeks so not really used it much.
The diamond side is great and seems to work just fine. The ceramic side seems to be raised at the edges, only very slightly but enough to prevent the blade from touching the centre portion of the sharpening surface.
Is this normal? Do they bed in after more extended use or do I need to send it back for a replacement?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Mike.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I've the same problem with a new one, you didn't get it from that cheap guy on ebay did ya?

I just rubbed mine on a couple of other stones , but my main problem was small raised dots of the ceramic and some of the edge raised. Seems better now, and there supposed to bed in over time. Never had this with the DC3 Bought several years ago from a well known supplier though.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
mine was from HH , reputable enough for me to be confident,..

and just as you described,...

it just needs a bit of bedding in,...mine is fine now,..

MJM1

Forager
Feb 2, 2011
Stourbridge
Hi Addo, got it from World of Survival on Ebay (seems to have good feedback). I've also got a very cheap diamond sharpener I've had for ages, I'll give it a rub with that and see if it flattens it out.

MJM1

Forager
Feb 2, 2011
Stourbridge
mine was from HH , reputable enough for me to be confident,..

and just as you described,...

it just needs a bit of bedding in,...mine is fine now,..

Maybe I'll try bedding it in with some old chisels, it put some horrible scratches on my Mora the one time I used it.

Thanks for the quick replies both.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE