Day out practising my skills

• Hey Guest, We've had to cancel our 2020 Summer BushMoot PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information.
Nov 3, 2013
North East, U.K
Hello, managed to get out again over the weekend albeit just for a few hours however this gave me ample time to practice pitching my tarp/hammock configuration along with a brew. Woodland is a local patch I have permission to pretty much do what I please up there. My hobby pretty much took a back-seat the past 2 years however after registering on here iv had an urge to get out and do what I love doing.

Tarp setup along with the campfire started.

Close up of the tarp.

Water on whilst I get under way with a bit of baking.

Bannock with brown sugar and crushed walnuts.

Cooking :rolleyes:

Choice of toppings, hard decision to choose between Natural Manuka honey or maple syrup, I went with the latter :p , Quick note on the chopping board, a sterile surface to prep and hold food is vital, for the weight and size this £2 chopping board from asda provides the perfect solution.

Sun decided to make an appearance so I decided to start a bit of carving, A utensil I neglected to bring was a spatula so why not try make one eh! (First attempt go gentle :lmao: )

Close up!

Unfortunately some one had been here before and decided to burn half the felled tree :(, however there is a view from my hammock at lovely tees side :rolleyes:

Packed up and time to head back to the car.

All in all it was a good day out which allowed me to practice some skills such as pitching my camp properly as I have only been able to try it out my back garden so far! Think my next trip will be an overnighter of some sort. I think its important to get out into the woods no matter how short as after all the skills we have as bushcrafters are all to perishable unless there practised.