Sold Dave Budd general purpose knife with yew handle NOW SOLD

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jimin

Jun 7, 2020
Devon
Hi

I'm a new member - I joined because I'm in the market for a bushcraft knife and this looks good to me. I was thinking of a TBS Boar but I like that this knife is unique.

So, can I buy it?

Thanks!

Jim

Reactions: Coldfeet and Sieddy

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
@Jimin The Helle Temagami is a very good knife, but I would not baton with it. Helle after sales care is also amazing.

Ray Mears has often been noted to give a helle as a gift

Jimin

Jun 7, 2020
Devon
@Jimin The Helle Temagami is a very good knife, but I would not baton with it. Helle after sales care is also amazing.

Ray Mears has often been noted to give a helle as a gift

Thanks for that. Yeah the steel is known to get scratched when battoning, right? I work at forest school and we have axes for that anyway. I spent a few hours researching knives and came to the conclusion that no knife does everything, and I'm likely to end up with a collection anyway. I'll mainly use it for carving, feathersticks and showing off.

I like the Ray Mears connection, too... he knows a thing or two, I hear :)

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Thanks for that. Yeah the steel is known to get scratched when battoning, right? I work at forest school and we have axes for that anyway. I spent a few hours researching knives and came to the conclusion that no knife does everything, and I'm likely to end up with a collection anyway. I'll mainly use it for carving, feathersticks and showing off.

I like the Ray Mears connection, too... he knows a thing or two, I hear :)
Yes it will mark on the softer steel in use, it is a liminated steel, 304 or 18/8 stainless clad, with 12c27 core. Great knife and easy to sharpen.

The one you missed in this post was a good example of a trade knife....i was tempted too

Jimin

Jun 7, 2020
Devon
Yes it will mark on the softer steel in use, it is a liminated steel, 304 or 18/8 stainless clad, with 12c27 core. Great knife and easy to sharpen.

The one you missed in this post was a good example of a trade knife....i was tempted too

I can't wait for it to arrive. At work today, a tall silver birch dropped a branch for us so we've got plenty of spoon making material.

Are you a bushcraft enthusiast or do you work in the field? I work at forest school with vulnerable kids - I have loads of experience with the client group, but my bushcraft knowledge is minimal. It's a steep learning curve but I absolutely love it. Six months ago it took me three hours to boil a kettle - now I can make you a cuppa in half an hour, haha!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE