Dash & Dam

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
They say if you can question your own sanity then you're not crazy.
Wading barefoot and knee deep through icy water I briefly pondered this thought as my feet went rapidly from just numb to stumps of screaming fire before coming uncomfortably close to a dunking. So there I am in the middle of this stream with a good wobble on carrying a bergan, boots swinging about my neck deciding wether to stand on a flat slippery rock or another sharp one laughing like a maniac. A good start to the day.
IMAG2455.jpgIMAG2454.jpg
Seldom has mud & moss underfoot felt so good.

No real plan just a 72hr pass from swmbo for some wandering in the wild spaces searching for interesting places to photograph & explore further in the warmer months ahead.
IMAG2484.jpgIMAG2494.jpgIMAG2508.jpg

Still looking for the lost bridleway and farm ruins, it's in there somewhere.
IMAG2510.jpg

Pine sap oozing from a tree, flat grass, ready cut firewood, something to sit on and jumbo ranger bands for the swap-shop, handy little spot for the weary traveller.
IMAG2472.jpg

Woods to busy this week for proper bush camp and my preferred spot now has a new access road dug through it so only small fast fires for this trip, brew up, bimble off & bivvy down. If you can smell my smoke then I've already gone.
IMAG2495.jpgIMAG2470.jpg

My snoring on the other hand, well that probably showed up on every seismograph in Wales :eek:

breff

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2016
Lancaster
Looks like a lovely bit of Essex you found there,Bishop... My coat? It's the brown one by the door.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Excellent post... Nice pics and great sense of humour!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that laughs to himself when doing nice stuff like this...
running barefoot through the woods or wading through ice cold rock streams makes you feel alive again , childlike feelings that so seldom happen anymore...

Thanks for taking me there again Bishop!👍👍

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE