Dartmoor

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dirty ben

Forager
Dec 24, 2009
somerset
Hi folks,I am seeking a challenge for the new year and walking the length or the breadth of Dartmoor in one visit floats my boat.
I have done countless wild camps on Dartmoor as well as doing multi night trips to Snowdonia and the Brecons.
What I'm after is a possible route across Dartmoor,it doesn't matter if it's north to south,east to west or south to north.
I would be very grateful if anyone can push/poke me in the right direction for a doable route.
I am fully kitted out and fairly fit

tap tap tapping away

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Sounds like a great plan mate!!

I myself am thinking about something similar, walking around the whole of Loch Lommand in Scotland!

Keep the thread updated mate!

dirty ben

Forager
Dec 24, 2009
somerset
Thanks Bucephalus for pointing me towards Sir Dartmoor Ivan,he kindly offered me and my mates camping a while back

tap tap tapping away

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I myself am thinking about something similar, walking around the whole of Loch Lommand in Scotland!

There's much better walks if you're heading north Steve, you've got the A82 running all the way down the west bank for 20 odd miles, you'd soon get fed up of diving into the verge to dodge trucks and caravans,

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
There's much better walks if you're heading north Steve, you've got the A82 running all the way down the west bank for 20 odd miles, you'd soon get fed up of diving into the verge to dodge trucks and caravans,

Yup, roughly following the train line from Inverness to Perth can be good, or the Ardnamurchan peninsula walk?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE