Dartmoor - some things dont change

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
and that includes the fact we are all still here and so is the moor

surely, between all of us that have fond memories of nights round the campfire can sort things out to get together again, somewhere nice but also somewhere new?

i personally dont have any woody accesses, but do know of nice campsites around where we can at least sit round talking twaddle, alternatively, a low impact night or 2 on the moor (fire excepted of course)

so, anyone want to try and relive some of those hazy eves? cant be bothered to start the ball rolling if no one else is up for it, so speak now or forever hold your piece (not a typo :p )

jon

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
i am not privy to much Dave but would hope it is ok to say that the special place we have met before, is no longer open to us outdoorsy types. the impact of this is far worse for the gent who introduced us all and not within his control :(

@Nova & Pinky, i have no knowledge of anywhere "wild" as before, but there are a few nice campsites around where we could sneak off into a quiet (as in no cars or frisbees) corner. alternatively, as mentioned, there is the couple of night on the moors option, but that will require low impact, light camping as will need a walk in/out and obv no fires allowed

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
thanks for that update jon well you know im always up for a meet if im available just let me know regards dave

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
sorry guys, not really my place to say whats what, not that i know much, nor is there much to be shared. not the point of this thread either :(

just drumming up interest for camp outs down dartmoor way (the only 'wilds' south of north wales), there is an interesting thread kicked off by adam and martin on another place that im going to keep close eyes on, the guys are listing nice wild camp pitches for the enjoyment of others, hopefully i can make use of their recomendations :)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hello everyone, firstly thanks to all those messages of support following my recent change in circumstances, i am in the process of sorting my life out and re negotiating the re use of my old site on a more legal standing, landlord, Dartmoor National Park etc. And have nearly resolved those issues, so very soon will post details of a meet , if there is any interest.
Watch this space..
Ivan...

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Hello everyone, firstly thanks to all those messages of support following my recent change in circumstances, i am in the process of sorting my life out and re negotiating the re use of my old site on a more legal standing, landlord, Dartmoor National Park etc. And have nearly resolved those issues, so very soon will post details of a meet , if there is any interest.
Watch this space..
Ivan...

Christ! He's still alive.
Are you still on for the Dorset extravaganza on the 20th?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE