Dartmoor Meet 1st to 3rd April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
OK Here is the final guest list. If you'er names not down you're not coming in... Well not this time ;)

1. FreddyFish (with a possible +2)
2. Zarkwon
3. Nova & Pinky
4. James Mayo
5. Southey
6. Jon(ajuna) Lesa, Cory (13) and Tilly (10)
7. Bushwhacker - will be bringing cider courtesy of British Red.
8. Steve, Joy & Sophie (aged 10)
9. Neumo
10. Radix lecti
11.jaysurfer
12. Ivan & Katie (aka. mongoose13 (aged 11))
13. dave53
14. Emma and Nathan
15. salad

The date is now set. 1st - 3rd April

If you are new to the idea of a meet have a read of this thread "What are you waiting for? Get involved." we really don't bite.

This is continuing from the interest in this thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68552

Ivan (aka mick sturbs)
Has very kindly offered us a freebie taster camp, on his land on Dartmoor.

THE SITE:
12 acres woods ,clearings , marsh SSSI, and fields ,this is an area specifically for camping and bushcraft ,with direct access to the open moor.
Fires, hammocks, tents all welcome. Fresh stream running right through the middle of the site, this is also used to supply a couple of local cottages and is tested twice a year.
There is also plunge pools and a natural shower if you are brave enough.

THE COST:
This meet is totally free! Ivan does have plans for charges in the future but this time it's a freebie.

PARKING:
There is parking about 10 - 15mins walk from the site.

What more could you want...

Here's a link with photos of a recent foray http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?732-Dartmoor-in-January-2011-(-pics)
Here's a link to a ballpark'ish location. http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=269526&Y=67561&A=Y&Z=120

Anyone is invited so long as you leave no trace and other wise respect the site.

DSC03529.JPG

Photo from recent naturalbushcraft camp. Plus a few more here 1 2 3

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
1. FreddyFish
2. Zarkwon
3. Nova & Pinky
4. James Mayo? What is the parking like? Is it safe?
5. Southey

Fantastic, would any one be up for a trundle to Dartmeet and back on the Saturday via Venford reservoir and the Dart valley?

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
1. FreddyFish
2. Zarkwon
3. Nova & Pinky
4. James Mayo
5. Southey
6. Jonajuna ?+1

see you all then :)

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
1. FreddyFish
2. Zarkwon
3. Nova & Pinky
4. James Mayo
5. Southey
6. Jonajuna ?+1
7. Bushwhacker - will be bringing cider courtesy of British Red. He won my 1000th post compo but kindly said the postage would be too expensive for me to send and to share it out at the next meet.

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
1. FreddyFish
2. Zarkwon
3. Nova & Pinky
4. James Mayo
5. Southey
6. Jonajuna ?+1
7. Bushwhacker - will be bringing cider courtesy of British Red.

Woop Woop thanks British Red :notworthy

Feb 6, 2011
none
Right i am going to answer 3 questions at once, not pretending i can multitask,To Nova and Pinky ,isuggest you bring stuff for yourselves, but bushcrafters are good at sharing and dont let anybody go hungry , depends on any special dietry requirements but i will probably cook lamb underground, accompanied with a big pot of veg. Leon-1 more than welcome bud, because you are so close you can be a last minute person. Southey please try and avoid all spillage of the raspberry surprise ... Ivan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE