Dartmoor Campfires

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 8, 2004
London
Hi all,
First post, so Id like to say thanks for sharing all the stuff Ive read while lurking!
What I was wondering was: Does anyone know of places to camp on dartmoor where campfires are allowed? I went to uni in exeter and love the moor. Hoping to get back down soon and drag a couple of less outdoorsy mates with me. While I've stealth camped in a couple of places I quite fancied having a proper site for the other two, particularly where I could get a fire going, as there's not much sells the outdoors life better than that.
Failing that has anyone got some good spots for a bit of wild camping?

Cheers!

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Hi Badger!

there's a thread, called Dartmoor Meetup in the "Meetups and social Chatter" area that gives a campsite in the Dartmoor area that (if I remember correctly) allows fires.

I've just checked the thread, and it says the site does allow fires!

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Yup theres a nice little campsite often used by DoE just south of Widdecomb on the Moor. The campsites on the map. If I remember rightly its about £2.50 a night, you pay when you leave. There is spots along the river that runs through the campsite where you can have open fires. There is a toilet/shower block and the showers cost about 20p a go.

HTH

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE