Dartmoor At Ivans

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What is your choice for a Dartmoor date At Ivans

• 11 - 13 March

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 18 - 20 March

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • 25-27 March

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • 1-3 April

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • 8-10 April

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 15-17 April

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 22-24 April

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
This is continuing from the interest in this thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67149&page=1

Ivan (aka mick sturbs)
Has very kindly offered us a freebie taster camp, on his land on Dartmoor.

THE SITE:
12 acres woods ,clearings , marsh SSSI, and fields ,this is an area specifically for camping and bushcraft ,with direct access to the open moor.
Fires, hammocks, tents all welcome. Fresh stream running right through the middle of the site, this is also used to supply a couple of local cottages and is tested twice a year.
There is also plunge pools and a natural shower if you are brave enough.

THE COST:
This meet is totally free! Ivan does have plans for charges in the future but this time it's a freebie.

PARKING:
There is parking about 10 - 15mins walk from the site.

What more could you want...

Here's a link with photos of a recent foray http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?732-Dartmoor-in-January-2011-(-pics)
Here's a link to a ballpark'ish location. http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=269526&Y=67561&A=Y&Z=120

There seems to be a good amount of interest, so lets pick a date and get this sorted.

Anyone is invited so long as you leave no trace and other wise respect the site.

I'll edit this post to add more detail but for now I want to get the poll going for dates.

DSC03529.JPG

Photo from recent naturalbushcraft camp. Plus a few more here 1 2 3

Last edited:

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
I'm a newbie when it comes to Bushcrafting, but I'm certainly up for it

Newbie = More fun to come cos' you have more to experience for the first time. We all have knowledge to share or gain, usually both. That the joy of it all :)
Your welcome to come, did you choose the dates you can make it?

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
Newbie = More fun to come cos' you have more to experience for the first time. We all have knowledge to share or gain, usually both. That the joy of it all :)
Your welcome to come, did you choose the dates you can make it?
Cheers! :)

I have done yes. All 'should' be ok other than the 11-13th March

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
11 - 13 March
18 - 20 March
25-27 March
1-3 April

are my votes cast, busy busy bee the other weekends :)

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Hi
Would love to come along , but wont be able to say till the end of the month what weekend i can do as i am in court to get access to my daughter , not sure what times and dates i will get yet .
Is it ok to bring my dog ?
Cheers
Pumbaa

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
Hi Pumbaa,
It would be great if you can make it. I would thing it's ok to bring your dog (if it a in-conrtol type) but I will just double check with Ivan.

I really hope it goes well in court.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I've voted but there's not much prospect of me getting along, so it was a bit pointless, now I come to think about it!:togo:

It looks really good however and who knows, perhaps later in the year, I might be tempted to make the 6 hour plus, journey down for a visit.:)

It's an area I've wanted to visit for years but never had the chance.

Very best of luck with this

all the best

R.B.

bivouac

Forager
Jan 30, 2010
Three Counties
Great idea. I'd love to join in but unfortunately i'm waiting to have a minor op on my hand and will be out of action for several weeks over march & april. If you decide to have another meetup late summer/early autumn i would like to tag along if that's ok.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE