Dartmoor 2 The Revenge ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
Cheers Adam, i was well chuffed with the hidden lighter trick :p Huge thanks to Andy for giving the class, next time we're there i'm making my own bow drill set up, loved the whole idea of it.

Btw i didn't leave any grass on my chin, that is a naturally blond beard.......

honest...

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
Part 4 , Nova and Pinky ( whitey now !) who had a nightmare journey , and were fully expecting glorious weather as i normally order , sorry , Nova your scones were lovely ask Badger . and thanks for the help along with Foxy with group breakfasts, I think because there were no high wire , assault course building activities going on Pinky treated Sat like a scene from Into The Wild, dont blame him !

On the plus side, we took the motorway home and managed to get back in a record-breaking 4 hours this time (as opposed to the 6 and a half it took us to get there!) :D
Pinky, who never usually stays in bed for long, thoroughly enjoyed the time out on Saturday, and I'm busy finishing up my Dartmoor II teaspoon - making more of a mess in the computer room!
Next time he wants to do much more in the way of swing building, and I want to do better in terms of not being eaten alive by midges! - I've come home with 11 bites over my face and right wrist...

Big thanks to Adam for keeping Ivan company on the lead up to the meet and generally being a great bloke, to Andy for his class and general helpfullness all round and to Nova for the 8 scones i ate....

Ahh, so that's where they all went! I think between you, Katie and Andy, they didn't go as far as I thought! Next time will make double the amount :lol:
Means we'll need more clotted cream though!

Oh, and great pics there Adam! :)

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
Here are some of my pics -

Ivan's bushcraft side...
IMG_4145.jpg

The bushcrafty area
IMG_4156.jpg

Dave53 showing us the power of the sun in starting fires
IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

Andy Bruce's tidy little set up
IMG_4162.jpg

IMG_4163.jpg

Andy Bruce making a buscrafty table
IMG_4168.jpg

Saturday's meal of 5hrs slow cooked marinated lamb legs & Foxy's ox tail stew- seriously tasty!!
IMG_4171.jpg

IMG_4176.jpg

Ivan organised the BTO to come over with a few amazing British birds for show and tell plus running through the process of tagging.
IMG_4184.jpg

IMG_4178.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

And couldn't resist taking a snap of Craven's beautifully water cut brass stove!
IMG_4152.jpg

A brilliant time had by me!
Quote of the weekend:
"Pigs, they're right handed you know..." - Bushwacker.

Here are some of my pics -

A brilliant time had by me!
Quote of the weekend:
"Pigs, they're right handed you know..." - Bushwacker.

You got better photos than me with that phone of your's. Great pics buddy.

Wish I could have made it this time Ivan but I just started a new job. Will be there soon. Glad to hear that everyone had a great time. And hello to everyone.

We missed you James. Ivan even said to the others, how much of a decent guy you were and it was a shame you couldn't get there.

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hi Joel , lovely piccies fella , didn't see you take one ! must work for special branch or something! i too enjoyed the pig thing , and cant wait to use it somewhere, providing Bushwhacker has no copyright .

Seriously lovely photos , tasty pipe and all round good egg..

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
LOL Adam, never seen one young lady get gifted so many deadly articles in one weekend :p

and with all the jip her dad gives here...... is he brave or daft when Katie is tooled up like that!!

Feb 6, 2011
none
Nice photos Adam, I have six kids and Katie is the youngest and the only one interested in what i do , you can't keep that girl away from any aspect of bushcraft/wild camping , and i am determined to hang on to that for as long as possible , before the demon teenage thing takes hold !! i consider myself very lucky , that she never moans about dirt/cold/rain/walking/carrying her backpack etc , how long will it last i wonder ? forever hopefully !

Ps the down side is if i buy a new bit of kit , it gets snaffled...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE