Dartmoor 2 The Revenge ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
I had a great time on Ivan's moors! Nice to meet, relax & laugh with you all. Roll on the next one!

cheers Ivan for sorting it all out, you're a legend!

as mentioned to Paul, Joel and perhaps some others in my drunken state..... that website with high power led torches and lazers! http://www.dealextreme.com/

cheers Jon! I was trying to find the site when I got home but no success... I see fun to be had next meet with a bag full of lazers!

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
I had a great time, it was nice to put faces to names, and very instructional, seeing Badger build that table (or was it a footstool in the end?), the Fire bow demonstration, and Ivan's scatological skills on the Moors. There were other things but it would take to long to list ( and not be family appropriate, you know what I mean Ivan). I hope to attend the next one in the near future. :)

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
I had a great time - was a real shame about the weather though :(
The amusing thing was, as soon as we hit the M25 the sun came out and the temperature rose a good few degrees!
Managed to get some of the kit dry when we got home (4 hour trip via motorway, instead of the 6-7 hours it took us to get there!)

No pics from me this time as I was a muppet and forget to put the SD card back in my camera... :rolleyes:

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hi everybody, Well as you all know me by now this little story , of show and tell, will have to be done in instalments, and maybe recorded for training and security purposes.
First of all thanks for coming new and old , and putting up with some inclement Dartmoor weather , i am going to get the negatives out of the way first .
The weather
The uncompleted walk
The topless sunbathing
The No pimms O'clock
( All due to the weather! )
Now thats done the positives, it was amazing to have some virgins ! I wont name them ( although i am not sure about the French birds ) A big thankyou to Roger and Helen (BTO ) For showing us all some special birds ! sure there are photos to follow . To Andy Bruce for sharing skills and being all round bushcrafty . Adam for living in the woods since Christmas ! to help with preparation , Badger and Foxy for continuing support and help ( oh and the stew) Lord Fish for help with the computerey things and organisation, Lady Fish for coming and being lovely . End of part one .

Feb 6, 2011
none
Part 2. going back to the BTO thing i now know where that saying comes from " A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush " well nearly ! good job i am a gent ! Back to characters, Paul Newman , for winning longest traveller and being great company ( Lancashire ! ) Joel for laughing at my jokes and letting me have a go on his peace pipe ( nothing sinister ) Dave 53 for making it down when he could have so easily not bothered , and of course making Katie a lovely wild cherry walking stick with inset button compass.
Jonajuna for not putting my marquee to shame ( its a size matters thing ) and just being Jon.
Tbc...

Feb 6, 2011
none
Part 3, Raven for his great hand crafted stove show , we all want one ! Rick for having magic timing with his comments and a lovely London warmth.
Bazzworks and Yvette , for winning the leave no trace ! after i had camped there before them ! Another tough girl (hobbies include knitting , welding , car spraying and axe throwing ! ( good luck with your new venture Ben )
Bernie for brightest tent , all round nice guy and my ladle sorry spoon .
Tbc...

Feb 6, 2011
none
Part 4 , Nova and Pinky ( whitey now !) who had a nightmare journey , and were fully expecting glorious weather as i normally order , sorry , Nova your scones were lovely ask Badger . and thanks for the help along with Foxy with group breakfasts, I think because there were no high wire , assault course building activities going on Pinky treated Sat like a scene from Into The Wild, dont blame him ! Which brings me on to why i was a little subdued on Sun , the Dorset contingent , Bushwhacker and his opposite number Damien , and of course that evil stuff they always bring, and out of politeness , i feel i must drink ! Gets me every time. Nice to see you boys , good banter
Kard133 thankyou very much for Katies razor sharp knife , that man kept producing knives of all quality from every pocket ( we all love sharps ) good to meet you .
Tbc...

Feb 6, 2011
none
Part 4, which brings us nicely on to our unexpected guests, For those not in the know my site is a little remote , and i have never met anyone there that was not invited, which i was explaining to the group , we spotted 2 girls and 2 boys ambling gently past ! Totally lost , turns out a Belgian and 3 French , who had got a little lost shall we say , the mist was rolling in and it was getting late , they also looked a bit tired and wet.
That coupled with the where they where heading, was lets say ambitious! So i did the decent thing and told them to " get orf my laand ! "No i invited them down explained their pridicament , showed them a pitch got them warm , dry and , really drunk ! International relations and all . i think they enjoyed themselves . Dont think they will forget that visit to Dartmoor...

Feb 6, 2011
none
Apologies , if i have forgot to mention anybody , like Tommy who, has left started bushcraft carvings all over the place ! but i know had a good time also Dusty and a few that would rather remain in the shadows ..

Thankyou everybody for making it another memorable meet and putting up with my fussing and nonsense , we will do it all again when we have recovered, and of c ourse when the weather will be fantastic, some of you know what i have up my sleeve ....

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
Thanks very much for having us at the weekend Ivan we had an amazing time. Its a beautiful place you have there and I think its very generous of you to share it with everyone. Count us in for the next one!

Really good to meet everyone else too, old friends and new. It was so hard to leave saturday that we ended up staying over 6 hours later than we intended.

O and a massive thanks to Andy for carrying our field kitchen back to the car for us in the dark and mizzle. A true gent!

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Jonajuna for not putting my marquee to shame ( its a size matters thing ) and just being Jon.
Tbc...

just being me? sounds like a line from Bridget Jones.................... told you already, no matter how smooth you get with me, i aint wearing your trousers when you are still in them!

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
Big thanks to Adam for keeping Ivan company on the lead up to the meet and generally being a great bloke, to Andy for his class and general helpfullness all round and to Nova for the 8 scones i ate....

Was great to meet you all ( some again ) and some new and a big thanks to everyone for accepting Dusty as an extra guest, he behaved very well and didn't even give anyone a wake up call but i imagine some of you heard him when you left as he was barking like a good un on monday morning :D

Cheers all and look forward to seeing you all again sometime ( Probably next weekend for you Ivan, i may bring Andy with me as he was chomping at the bit when i told him i'd happily bring him over with me )

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
I cant remember too much due to the Dorset Rohypnol, but i remember the great people i have met on such a great weekend. Being a newbie to Dartmoor I was made to feel more than welcome by everyone and being a Londoner was not held against me, at least not much but had Pinky and Nova as back up. Andy Bruce is a star with all his knowledge and skills. I would like to thank Adam, Badger, Foxy (sorry the Chocolate Damper Bread was over cooked, next time, Tommy ( your a great Kid with a lot of inspiration ), Dusty for just being there, Paul, Joel Bernie, Dave, John, Katie, Bazzworks and Yvette, Kard133, and of course the foreign legion who will be scarred forever and will think the English drink Cider from little teapots.lol.
But most of all would like to thank Ivan for without you sir the weekend would not have happened. you have a great site with great people working with you and I know this will be a fantastic place for people of all skills to come together in the idea you have designed the site for. I only hope that you will allow me to attend at the next meet as I would appreciate coming back.
By the way I now know where you can buy left leg pork from....its soooo tender lol
All the best to all I hve met and fondly look forward to meeting all again
Rick

Big thanks to Adam for keeping Ivan company on the lead up to the meet and generally being a great bloke, to Andy for his class and general helpfullness all round and to Nova for the 8 scones i ate....

Was great to meet you all ( some again ) and some new and a big thanks to everyone for accepting Dusty as an extra guest, he behaved very well and didn't even give anyone a wake up call but i imagine some of you heard him when you left as he was barking like a good un on monday morning :D

Cheers all and look forward to seeing you all again sometime ( Probably next weekend for you Ivan, i may bring Andy with me as he was chomping at the bit when i told him i'd happily bring him over with me )

Thanks Badger, always a pleasure to catch you at Ivan's.

I know it's very rude and lazy of me, but I have posted the photos (well, most of them plus links to the rest) on Natural Bushcraft. To save me an hour posting them all again, here's the link to the thread. this link will take you to the first of my posts, with photos, but please look back to Joel's post to see his too.

http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?1127-BushMeet-on-Dartmoor-Fri-27th-Mon-30th-May&p=16994&viewfull=1#post16994

And here's a couple just for Badg...

IMGP3010.jpg

IMGP3023.jpg

IMGP3025.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE