Darth Vader fire pit

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I've been a bit quiet on here of late for one reason or another. Mostly because I've been up to my eyes in it in the real world.

Anyway, I thought you lot might like to see my latest commission piece. It was really good fun to put together, if a bit challenging.

Started off with an old gas cylinder, took off the valve and filled with water.

Cleaned it up some what.

Then got cracking with the plasma cutter and angle grinder. Very little forging involved but couldn't really have done it without the flypress.

Let me know what you think.

All the best
Andy

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I've seen these stoves in odd shapes before [I quite like one that had an african savanah scene which looked nice with a fire going behind it] but that darth vader stove is better than others I've seen - the door is very well hidden as well.

Simply awesome.

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I was pretty happy with the door as well.

It was a wedding gift for some friends of ours, Unfortunately I didn't have time to light it up before it was given to them but I'll be sure to get them to send over some photos when they do.

There's a small chimney out the back of his head. I didn't want the chimney ruining the lines of the helmet so it's fairly short. Should be ok though.

All the best
Andy

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I've got a few more empty bottles. I reckon I'll be making a few more stoves at some point in the future. Not sure what theme I'll do next.

I've got a little bottle that would make a cool Tie fighter. :)

All the best
Andy