Dandelion Frittata

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think it needs good roots and a good roast. The roast should leave them almost sweetened.
I've tasted some pretty insipid offerings I have to admit. When you get it right though, it is right :)

Reactions: crosslandkelly

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I really must try and make some dandelion root coffee as well. We did try to grow cultivated dandelions but they were not as vigorous as the native ones all over the garden.

TeeDee, did you find the leaves bitter at all or fine after cooking? I also must get around to blanching a few plants by potting a pot over them to make less bitter leaves for a salad.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I really must try and make some dandelion root coffee as well. We did try to grow cultivated dandelions but they were not as vigorous as the native ones all over the garden.

TeeDee, did you find the leaves bitter at all or fine after cooking? I also must get around to blanching a few plants by potting a pot over them to make less bitter leaves for a salad.

I didn't find them bitter , maybe my palate or maybe I just got lucky. Blanching sounds interesting - although part of my head is rebelling at attempting to cultivate and care for weeds.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE