Damascus axe for sale.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
As much as I regret it, I'm going to have to sell off some of my stuff. Here for sale is my lovely damascus axe.

damas-axe001small.jpg

The axe full view
damas-axe002small.jpg

The head showing the pattern
damas-axe004small.jpg

The axe compared to the GB carving axe
damas-axe007small.jpg

End profile
endgrain-small.jpg

Socket and layers of steel

This axe has been used by me and it cuts wood very well. I hafted the handle on myself and it is made from seasoned hickory and is well oiled.

I'm looking for £250 for it. SOLD Otherwise it goes on ebay. PM if interested.

Eric

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Thats a work of art !

Good luck on selling it bit out of my price range by about 250 quid :rolleyes:

Damn thats lovely though ;)

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
It took me ages to decide to sell it, but I need some money. I've not done much work since the hernia, and now my knees are giving me problems. I have osteoarthritis in both knees and the cold and damp is making them extremely painful. Too much running, climbing and jumping out of helecopters when I was younger, and it's caught up with me now. I'm having to sort through all my mountains of kit and decide what I need, and don't need. I've decided if i haven't used it for a year, it will have to go.

Eric

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
A real thing of beauty, I know that hurt to sell. But, it couldn't last long at that price.

I can understand thinning kit. I had all my tools packed in the barn for 10 years and only this year got them out and started to work from my heart again. I sure would hate to start over gathering tools that nobody makes now. Some I see in specialty stores but not the quality of older things. And the antique stores weigh them in Gold.

Back when I was working serious in wood I bought a set of Sorby lathe tools for the enormous sum of $59. Now that same set is $265. Is inflation that much or are tools getting rare? I think very few men actually work anymore so tools cost so much more due to rarity. :confused: Computers on the other hand are dirt cheap compared to 30 years ago.

You young folks, if you want to make good investment buy quality hand tools. They will triple in price in ten years.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Having handled that axe and knowing something of its history the new owner is a very fortunate person. Good luck with the kit thinning, Eric....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE