Czech army sleep system?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aristotle

Forager
Jan 13, 2010
NW England
it weighs 3 (or 4?)kg and is probably fairly bulky.

It looks like a bivvi bag with blanket and cotton liners.

It's cheap, but I suppose that it depends what you want to use it for.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
looks fairly ok, certainly good for the price!

Czechoslovakia, is it a warm place?
is it designed for all year around? at a guess I'd say it's perhaps 2 season's worth.
the soldiers almost certainly wear their clothing in the bag so take this into account.

if the cotton liner is anything like the one the nylon one the British Army issued you'll do best to throw it away!
(it was designed to keep the 58 bag clean, but just ended up tangling around the users feet!)

Aristotle

Forager
Jan 13, 2010
NW England
Czechoslovakia, is it a warm place?

Czech Republic (It's not going to be too warm in the winter):
713px-EU-Czechia.svg.png

Last edited:

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Don't say Czechoslovakia to a Czech! Its Czech republic now Slovakia is another country...

Gets cold in winter there. Their kit is often very basic.

BushrangerCZ

Nomad
Dec 23, 2010
in the woods
Oh don´t buy that, it´s bulky and not really warm. It used to be issued ages ago to conscripts. Current sleeping system of Czech army is not bad, and the newest one from Carinthia is really gucci (but I don´t think that soldiers are gonna see it soon:-/).
PS: In winter, you´re freezing your bottom here. Much colder than Britain due to continental weather.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE