Custom Made Sgian Dubh

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
SOLD

Here we have number three of the items in the "Red really, really needs money to fund his new product development" series

This is a one off, custom, Sgian Dubh. Made by our own Dougster in buffalo horn and Damascus. Sheathed by our own Singteck in hand tooled leather. No plastic handled tourist tat this, equally no "me too" bush knife - something a bit different - a real "Black Knife" - very capable for field use, but nice to look at too!

410228634_f0d7a69a34.jpg

Check out that blade

410228650_8d274b5674.jpg

£60 to your door for a custom Damascus knife and Singteck sheath. Includes PayPal fees (I need money not trades sadly :( ), P&P and the knife

First PM gets it

Red

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Red,
I know it might not be much of a comfort, but, as a kilt wearing Scot I must say this is a fabulous piece of work. I wish I could justify buying it, but, sadly, not at the moment. Any Scot would be proud to wear such workmanship. I sincerely hope it sells soon for you. It's a bargain. :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Tis a lovely knife Fred - however the new "BR" projects demand feeding with "folding fuel" :(

Still, I enjoy the "design and develop" stages of entirely new stuff...scary though :eek:.

Red

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Beautiful knife BR. :)

Looks a bit wide to wear in a sock though.I've got a custom sgian that I can't wear for that reason. :rolleyes:

Good idea about trying BB.It's a lovely knife in it's own right,sock friendly or not. :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Aye,

Tis a pretty thing - more belt than sock I agree (thats how I had the sheath made)

I don't really go to BB any more so I'll give it a spin here for a while first!

Red

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Right, my head is swelling, must stop reading.

When my membership renewal comes up I will upgrade to a maker. I do comissions, I can even make them similar to this, but at the moment I only make for friends and family.

What I'd like to add is that this is a bargain from Red, the kit alone will cost almost that much from Mick Wardell (where this one is from). Let alone the sheath from Singteck. I wish I could afford to buy this back too.

Sorry for the thread hijack, I hope you sell it Red, your last project was a belter.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'll E-bay if I need to mate - its just too nice to send off to be a drawer queen. I'm selling to fund the new knife design at the moment which, whilst radical in design for a Bushcraft knife , should finally get me to the point of having a knife that ticks all the boxes (for me). Clearly, to do this, its all entirely custom work - cut, grind, HT, scales, bolster sheath, engraving, tooling etc. I really hope its worth it :eek:. Then I need to buy the Ventile.......that may have to wait a bit!

Red

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
British Red said:
I'll E-bay if I need to mate - its just too nice to send off to be a drawer queen. I'm selling to fund the new knife design at the moment which, whilst radical in design for a Bushcraft knife , should finally get me to the point of having a knife that ticks all the boxes (for me). Clearly, to do this, its all entirely custom work - cut, grind, HT, scales, bolster sheath, engraving, tooling etc. I really hope its worth it :eek:. Then I need to buy the Ventile.......that may have to wait a bit!

Red

Of course it will be. :D

Think of the satisfaction.

Please don't forget the pictures. ;)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well Mike, I've said "go ahead" tonight...so I hope you are right...the design is looking fantastic so heres hoping.

Anyone want a kidney? :eek:

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
More to come mate - watch this space - I have signed a pact with.....Stu Mitchell! (Sorry Stu...don't appear in a puff of smoke ;))

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE