Cuillin Ridge - by bicycle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It's that nutter Danny Macaskill again ..

[video=youtube;xQ_IQS3VKjA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_IQS3VKjA[/video]

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's a really stunning video.........He's a gifted athlete and a top-class showman, but with none of the cheap commercial aspect to it. I've got a lot of time for Mr. Macaskill :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The man makes a box of frogs look sane!
Hats off to him though - he is an incredible athlete .. even if he did cheat by carrying the bike up the In Pin! :)
I never had the chance to walk the ridge - every time I visited Skye the clag was down to the deck :(
Having seen the vid I now realise that I am no longer up to even crawling along it!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Have done summer and winter traverses of that and wouldn't even think of carrying a bike pump never mind on a bike. He's got some talent and a lot of guts. Cheers for posting it up, enjoyed that.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Never done the full ridge but ive been up and over different sections of it.i got half way up the pin and totally bottled it(it was snowing though).how a human being actually finds the will too attempt something like that is beyond me totally.hats offs too him.mahooosive nads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
I love watching videos like this were man and machine are bound by some invisible force.

And what a stunning place, I can only dream at the moment of visiting a place like that. But I have put a plan into motion to change my life.

Thanks for posting

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
No idea how people do stuff like this.. it scares me just watching! I have done some difficult walking (for me anyway! ) in peru before but that doesn't even compare!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Great skill of course, but I do wonder how much scoping out of th route was done beforehand (which would be sensible, naturally)

I can't help thinking that he's on his way to a serious accident sooner or later though. Not to put him down, as I admire his courage and skills, but, well, one mistake...

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
He is amazing at what he does , I've seen him in action in Edinburgh years ago before he was famous .
Have a look through YouTube and there are lots of clips of his riding , but you know when you have arrived when you get to go to the playboy mansion .

Craig. ....

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
That's what scares me when I watch things like this.. one slip and he might not be here now :/ But as you say, great skill so let's hope it keeps him safe :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE