Cuillin Ridge - by bicycle

• Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Apart from holding the "Helmet Cam" that helmet is not going to be of much use on that route - one slip and there ain't a helmet in existence going to save you!

Ciaopaddy

Sep 27, 2005
Co.Galway
Stunning scenery and production, amazing shots from the drone. I was thinking what's the big deal here for a short while, lol, then saw it's quite like a recent experience I had on Slieve League cliffs where poo nearly came out, I'm not great with them exposures.

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
He came to Bristol when they had a hill race here. Having got to the top he popped his bike up on its front wheel and came down again turning pirouettes. Awesome control. I learned to ride a bike when I was 50 (long story why) and still get terrified going downhill fast.

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Mansfield
Cranmere

Their ain't nowt on the world that compares (my op) with cycling Downhill at great speed I've already wrecked 2 mtb's on Snowdon (fortunately only.cuts and bruises) but my banshee needs new suspension near rear frame

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Santaman2000 I have merged your post with this recent thread on the same subject.

Skye can indeed by a very beautiful place, however it can also be permanently wet with visibility down to 5 meters a lot of the time too. :)

Many thanks. If I had seen this thread first, I wouldn't have started a new one.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Really enjoyed that, cheers for pointing it out.
Incredible control. Doubt I could stay upright on even the 'easy' bits where he was cruising.

Noticed recently that the beeb have what looks like a placeholder page up for one of the series of 'They who dare'. Hoping it's a prelude to a re-run...
63.gif

...or sometimes they put old series up on iplayer.
39.gif

Loved that wee program.

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.