cubs/scouts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ady05

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
kings lynn, norfolk
many of you probably have children that go to cubs or scouts or the female version my question is at what age can they start cubs (my son is 4 nearly 5) and would many of you recormend this

:D :D :D
ady

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Too right i'd recomend this! :D

Beavers are from 6 - 8
Cubs from 8-10.5
Scouts from 10.5 - 14
Explorers from 14 - 18 and
Network from 18 - 25

(although there is a little leaway on these limits)

I sugest you get his name down on a waiting list now! - Most Groups have waiting lists as they are v popular

ady05 said:
many of you probably have children that go to cubs or scouts or the female version my question is at what age can they start cubs (my son is 4 nearly 5) and would many of you recormend this

ady

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
If you don't know your local Group head to HERE and they will get you in touch. Either that or call the Info centre on 0845 3001818

I'm sure he will have loads of fun in the not to distant future :)

ady05

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
kings lynn, norfolk
thanks graham filled out the online form but he has to wait untill hes nearly 6 thats a shame for someone his age whos willing to learn now never mind it will soon come around

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
If you want to know more about what's going on in cubs/scouts, have a look at the 'Leaders Chatter' forum under 'Meetups and Social Chatter'.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Alas, nothing remotely bushcrafty.

I am here at the pleasure of Her Majesty's Armed Forces on a three month deployment. It is a deeply uninspiring area with little opportunity to travel to anywhere 'nice' - I love trees and greenery and have seen neither since I arrived.

Still, I can't complain - some have it much worse, and I'm lucky to have access to an internet connection. It's also given me a chance to catch up with my reading list in my spare time and I've just re-read Kochanski's (sp?) 'Bushcraft', amongst others.

I have also managed to make numerous paracord key fobs!!!

(http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=18223&highlight=paracord)

Very relaxing.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
ady05 said:
thanks graham filled out the online form but he has to wait untill hes nearly 6 thats a shame for someone his age whos willing to learn now never mind it will soon come around

I'm wanting my son to start with the Beavers next year, but until then he virtually always goes into the woods or on walks with me when I go out and I try my best to instill the basics so when he does eventually start he will have a good grounding.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE