crusader mug?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Where is the best/cheapest place to get a crusader mug?
Not the Teflon coated one and preferably new.

Cheers
RB

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
I was thinking about a plain one as i thought the teflon coating would wear on the black one .
No problems with yours?

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
rapidboy said:
I was thinking about a plain one as i thought the teflon coating would wear on the black one .
No problems with yours?
I've hammered mine over the last year or so and it's still mostly black. I've used metal spoons in it and scourers on it and it's standing up well to it.

If I was to replace mine I'd get another black one.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
Rapidboy we use a SS mug with wire handles but it is not the same shape as the one that goes at the bottom of a canteen. Does it need to be that shape?
Or can it be round like a coffee mug? They go for about $7.oo CDN Is this an option?
just a thought

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
That looks like a good cup. I don't know if I'd like the teflon added or not, but it does have it's fans.

Carcajou, your cup sounds like a Coleman SS cup. I carry one in my shoulder bag and for as little as it costs, it's a great cup to have on the trail. I've even used it for digging while panning for gold in the Sierra Mtns.

Myself, for water carry when wearing a ruck, I prefer the US issue canteen package w/cover, canteen and canteen cup. Since they all nestle together and hang on a belt, it free's up room in the ruck. Going to add the canteen stove/stand which nestles with the other gear, which will free up my Esbit stoves for smaller kits.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Carcajou Garou said:
Rapidboy we use a SS mug with wire handles but it is not the same shape as the one that goes at the bottom of a canteen. Does it need to be that shape?
Or can it be round like a coffee mug? They go for about $7.oo CDN Is this an option?
just a thought

Probably go with the crusader as it will fit over my bottle and work well with a hex stove (never had any luck with hex stoves but have a couple coming and thought the crusader cup might work better than standard mess tins).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE