Crusader cup hanger prototype.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Heres a prototype cup hanger that im trying out.It has a large hook that can fit over a branch or whatever you may use, the cup rests in the 'u' shaped part and can easily be lifted out.The hook is shaped so the cup sits level when its full of liquid.As i said, this is just a prototype and the finished product will have scrolled ends to the hook and the holder part..probably hi-temp painted black too..
What do you think?Overkill?:campfire::)
PICT2954.jpg

PICT2955.jpg

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
Aaannyway...now thats established...my prototype?!

sorry, anyway you could make it so that the long handle and horse shoe section disconnect? maybe with a loop on the back of the horse shoe and the pole just having an enlarged end?

does that make sense? then you can fold it flat....

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
sorry, anyway you could make it so that the long handle and horse shoe section disconnect? maybe with a loop on the back of the horse shoe and the pole just having an enlarged end?

does that make sense? then you can fold it flat....

Makes total sense.Im on the case.As it is at the moment its just welded together and i can see carrying problems!

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
I would have thought a threaded join would eventually jam with all that repeated and cooling

here's an idea .. :thinkerg: looking at this picture :

PICT2955.jpg

how about welding a couple of loops on the 'horseshoe' - on the left and right as you look at it. .. then throw away the handle and hang it on a length of chain / brake cable ?

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
I would have thought a threaded join would eventually jam with all that repeated and cooling

here's an idea .. :thinkerg: looking at this picture :

PICT2955.jpg

how about welding a couple of loops on the 'horseshoe' - on the left and right as you look at it. .. then throw away the handle and hang it on a length of chain / brake cable ?

tis another apt suggestion.....

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
How about welding a nut on the back Nige so the rod can thread through it?
Good thinkin' Batman!

Could the hanging rod be pivoted to the collar? The weight would keep it vertical in use and then it would fold flat...

I'll get my coat

ATB

Tom
I dont catch your drift?

or you could use 2 or 3 small crocodile clips with a bit of chain? very light and packable :)
Interesting...wouldnt it be a bit of a faff to unclip the chain after taking off the flame?On this design you can just lift the cup out of the holder.

Thats what i was going to suggest too.

Looks like its got quite a good grip on the brim of the cup so should be pretty stable.

Tom
It is stable.The way the hook is bent makes sure the cup hangs level.Thanks for the comments folks!:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE