Crusader cooking unit with a twist

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
MAC161.jpg

Compact cooker stand; Code: MAC161
Lightweight aluminium folding mug stand, can be used with crusader, 44 or US mugs. Only 2.5 cm high when folded, so can fit waterbottle pouch.
£3.99

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/military/index.asp

Anyone knows if these will take the Trangia burner (civvy)?
They look like the BCB Crusader Unit, but they lack the greenheat / esbit / hexy bowl thingy ...

MAC112.jpg

I'd love to give it a go, though as far I've noticed they don't do Paypal :rolleyes: :confused:

Hence my question if someone know if it works with a Trangia and .. if it's stable enough, i.e.g. it'll not tip over :eek: and/or ... maybe knows a place where to get one where they do accept PP.

Many thanks!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Hey Johan,
I've got one in the bottom of a waterbottle pouch I got in a trade - but I have not used it in nearly two years. There is sufficient diameter to fit a trangia burner I think, but not enough height, the cup would sit on top of the burner itself. The crusader units look a little taller and so possibly better able to take a trangia burner. The lightweight stand has three dimples on the bottom, allowing it to sit flat on a flat surface. You can just see one dimple on the far side of the one in the photo, the other two being on the closest side - But being smaller than the footprint of the whole thing, I can't say that it is more stable than it it had been left flat.

I'll have a rummage and get some photos of it.....

Ogri the trog

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Back again,
and a minor update - the burner from my Swedish Army cooker is way too big to fit in the lightweight support, both diameter & height :eek:
IMG_2156.jpg

As you can see, there's another piece in my kit that seems to fit on top of the support and is shaped to take the cup - though its an interference fit and lifts away as you lift the cup! If anyone knows a different configuration, please let me know.
Apart from that, everything in the photo except the burner fits into the pouch and theres just enough room for a cup lid as well.

HTH

Ogri the trog

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
I got one made a alcohol stove for mine

this burner is small its full of wick inside like a snake holds 1/2 oz. fuel will boil 16 oz. water

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE