Crooked knives blades

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I've seen blades mounted on the top, in the middle and on the bottom of the handle. Which is the most ergonomic to use?

Cheers, Michael.

I have made knives with the blade fitted to both the middle and the bottom of the handle, but can't say I found a lot of difference in use so far. I'd think the bottom fit is marginally more useful in that the handle won't touch your work if you work on a wider surface such as a paddle blade, or perhaps in a deep bowl.

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Hey JoJo, I'd like one RH and one double edge made up with handles please. If I am reading this right, you still have a few left? Chris

Mark1

Maker
Dec 14, 2009
Bristol
Hi jojo
If you do have any single edge blades please can I have one:), failing that can you stick my name down for one on the next batch:bigok:
Mark

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Hi jojo
If you do have any single edge blades please can I have one:), failing that can you stick my name down for one on the next batch:bigok:
Mark

Apologies Mark, only just seen your entry. I haven't got any left but I'll be making some more in the new year. You may need to remind me, in case I become befuddled over the festive period!

Mark1

Maker
Dec 14, 2009
Bristol
Apologies Mark, only just seen your entry. I haven't got any left but I'll be making some more in the new year. You may need to remind me, in case I become befuddled over the festive period!

Will do. Although I cant understand why you might become befuddled:lmao:

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
If anyones interested you can buy the righthanded single edged crooked knife with handle second hand (made by jojo, knife from this thread) from me at 55£. Just used it a couple of times, pleased with it but can't justify keeping it since I bought a crooked knife from Vaillancourt at over a 100£ as well.. Just PM me if interested.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE