Crocs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
Wow, bet these are awesome for the serious bush crafter
74de0cda9ed5712b706971931dbaefb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I used to hate them with a passion as people were wearing them for fashion or whatever. But i have since got some as a gift as im forever in and out between the house and garden. Theyre the dogs dingdongs (proper good)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: The Frightful

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
Ok I confess.. I’m an avid wearer of crocs.
Worn mine to death, yet I still can’t give them up?
Been all over the world in mine,was great for the Ningaloo coast in Australia in 46 degrees & I don’t like ocean creatures nibbling at my feet. if they beak you can just superglue them back together.

Reactions: The Frightful

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sorry, really not a fan.
I loathe them. Blisters every time I try to wear them. Hopeless to work in, they're so wide/open they fill up with chaff and debris. Hellish on a sandy beach, worse on wet rocks because they slide about.
I just wear old shoes or boots for nipping in and out to the garden.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Sorry, really not a fan.
I loathe them. Blisters every time I try to wear them. Hopeless to work in, they're so wide/open they fill up with chaff and debris. Hellish on a sandy beach, worse on wet rocks because they slide about.

That's interesting; is it true 'Crocs' you've tried? I say that because mine are the only shoes I have (including walking boots and the like) that are not lethal on our slate paving in the wet. They actually provide good traction! I am aware though that there are different tread patterns on them.

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
Sorry, really not a fan.
Have you thought about wearing socks with them.. all the young uns are doing it?

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Apparently the original crocs that were made in a single piece are ideal for the tropical jungle.
Where anything glued or stitched eventually fails.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erbswurst

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Sorry, really not a fan.
What crocs though? Original crocs or one of the multitude of other models that they do?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Tried both.
I have little feet and I was gifted a pair from a friend whose daughter outgrew them.
I gave up. Washed them and passed them onto the local charity shop.

Later I thought I'd try again, and knockoffs I tried thinking they'd be good for the garden, nipping in and out...that was a no.
I wander around mostly in bare feet, though in Winter, like now, I wear socks. Didn't matter sockless or socked, they chafed, they were too hard and rubbed and just most uncomfortable.
Tried a pair down at the seashore and they were a nightmare.

I did buy the neoprene slip on kind of shoe and those were excellent. No debris, no sand, soft and flexible and a good grip. Nipping in and out the door when the weather's wet or cold I just slip into a pair of old shoes. Pretty blue ballet pumps just now :)

I know, I got slated for wearing those in an old thread.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
At home between house and garden I use them a lot, cheap copys in my case.

But for traveling I replaced them with this sandal model, because they are more versatile even if they are drying a bit slower. I tried it out and discovered that I really can SWIM in them!

I took them in beige, expecting that they heat up less in the sun.

But I don't own them long enough to tell you how long they will last.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
They're not pretty, but great for wearing around the house and for nipping outside without getting wet or dragging in half of the garden afterwards. Plenty of space for wiggling the toes and for wearing warm socks too. I wouldn't use them for longer outings though!

Nowadays, I bring mine with me when I'm travelling and staying somewhere over night too and they are lighter than my previous Birkenstock slip on sandals.

I prefer them with the strap over the foot, rather than around the heel and think it makes a massive difference in how comfortable they feel. So it's worth trying both ways.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Crocs apparently come in different widths too, well narrow and the standard wide foot version most people get. Personally I find them too wide for my foot so it's possible to turn the foot in then on a slope. I used to wear them at campsites but the foot volume in them I don't find comfortable. They can chafe at times with me too. I've learnt their limitations for me so don't use them everywhere only where their failings don't cause issues.

I would try the narrow width ones but they're expensive most of the year and I always miss the crocs sale where they're cheap as normal ones.

If you're a fan keep an eye on their site. Occasionally they sell them cheaper than anywhere else, perhaps cheaper than knock off clones! My dad got his for £15 when best I could find them was £25.

Reactions: Erbswurst

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE