Creamola Foam!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I believe Creamola Foam is back on the market. A great fizzy drink that comes in powder form. I remember it from the '70's. Has anyone tried the new version? If so what did you think?:)

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
sounds gross but cool! got a link to a seller? could always add some 'andrews salts' to some squash..thats what us poor kids did.

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
sounds gross but cool! got a link to a seller? could always add some 'andrews salts' to some squash..thats what us poor kids did.

Try Googleing 'Creamola Foam'. One or two sellers available. You have to be a certain age to remember just how good it was. It was also a great drink to take camping etc.

eminen

Forager
Dec 28, 2010
Glasgow,Scotland
seen a poster in a window at local shops the other day saying that it was back again from the 70's but it was being sold at £3 a can :O i am guessing its a can as thats what it used to be in when i was a kid,but at that price i never went in to check up on it.

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
I always remember creamola foam from growing up, loved it and miss it! I left Scotland in 87 and it was still being sold in the co-op when I went back to visit every year so used to fill my boots, never seen it in england, I hope it makes an appearance its amazing. thinking about it I miss White pudding, plain bread, square sausage etc etc, damn I miss scotland lol

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I always remember creamola foam from growing up, loved it and miss it! I left Scotland in 87 and it was still being sold in the co-op when I went back to visit every year so used to fill my boots, never seen it in england, I hope it makes an appearance its amazing. thinking about it I miss White pudding, plain bread, square sausage etc etc, damn I miss scotland lol

Im a lover of black pudding but i had white pudding a few times and i really liked it. a welsh girl bought it for my bro a few years back. i might get some of this foam stuff froma net supplier, never tried it. is it actually good?

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Aaaaaah memories; I used to love Creamola foam. Came in a wee tin with a paper seal when you first opened it I think it was available in a few flavours but lemon was my favorite I seem to recall also enjoying the raspberry version straight out of the tin and on to the tongue.

Like Samon; we experimented with that other readily available provider of the sacred fizz Andrews Liver Salts. We soon learned that caution was key when using that effervescent laxative as a mixer in our soft drinks.
We also made a concoction we called Grog which was basically liquorish water Disgusting

My childhood in the sixties and early seventies had a "Just William" feel to it Even had a scruffy Jack Russel as part of the gang

Must introduce my kids to Creamola foam though

Did a search and found this http://www.fizzshop.co.uk/ maybe they will have to wait for that taste of nostalgia lol

Last edited:

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I bet they've taken all the good stuff out, like tartrazine, sugar, cochineal etc etc. It's probably all 'healthy ingredients' these days. sheesh.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
No Summer was complete without Creamola foam

You could just make your own using stuff from the baking cupboard.....baking soda, citric acid, tartaric acid and ground up castor sugar (don't use icing sugar, it's got stuff added to stop it clumping), add a tiny quantity of food colouring and of flavour (orange, lemon, raspberry, pineapple, strawberry and blackcurrant are the usually available food flavours that suit) and stir thoroughly.
Leave on a sheet of clean paper or a bit of fine cloth to dry out thoroughly and store in an airtight tin or jar. Add by the heaped tspoonful to a glass of water :)
Much better for you than liver salts :yikes:

cheers,
Toddy

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I'm going to look for Creamola Foam today...

We used to make macaroon bars from mashed potato, sugar, dessicated coconut and chocolate.

Not forgetting thank "Crunchie" it's friday with bicarb, sugar, golden syrup, milk and butter.

Liam

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN !! (in the form of tempting substances and sweeties hidden amongst links posted by Mad Dave !)

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I love white pudding with fruit

not tried that combo..what fruit do you use tengu?

opinions on the ol' black pud'? i persoannly prefer a good black ( ;) ahem ) with decent fat and less barely. cannot beat a full english breaky! fact that is.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
we've all talked about Creamola Foam and I've no doubt some of you graduated to a Sodastream - too much faffing about for me TBH - dunno if they still make them.

I've seen Yu-lade bottles of concentrate in Scotmid so there might be a similar system around today.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
we've all talked about Creamola Foam and I've no doubt some of you graduated to a Sodastream - too much faffing about for me TBH - dunno if they still make them.

I've seen Yu-lade bottles of concentrate in Scotmid so there might be a similar system around today.

I think i aw an ad about a year ago advertising them! i do believe..they are back. them old ones we had were s*** though..and the flavours were just sugar and food dye. still awesome though, apart from fizzy milk..that never worked.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE