Crafty Secret Santa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I unwrapped a nice little carving knife this morning, fits sweet in my hand and will be a handy wee thing I hope.

Cheers Chris :)

nay probs dude, must get my but in gear and get some pic's and post them, wonderful work, but i dont know who its from????

many thanks anyway....:)

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Ok my secret Santa has really really REALLY blown me away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW Thats all i can say! :D Im sure you can work out by the distinct styling who the maker is but i shal stick to the rules and keep a zip on it! :)

I really wasn't expecting to be opening a parcel this morning to such fine craftsman ship in... im just sorry i cant do them both the justice they deserve with a better picture! Ill have another crack after new year! :)

Thank you again Santa! you truly have put a massive smile on someone's face!!!!! :You_Rock_

386052_10150545899221005_675381004_11055503_1941634885_n.jpg

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Well from mine I recieved a catapult!

Unfortunatley I haven't had much time to use it - the only times I've managed to get out n about was with the dogs at some silly time either early or late and up here its dark pretty much most of the time so can't see what I'm doing.

Maybe in the summer I'll have a chance to shoot it out to sea - try and hit a tin can etc. but I'm gonna have to wait for those light mornings...

I'll try to get a pic up but knowing me that will take ages.

My kids have had great fun with the spare elasticy bit, kept them quiet [when they weren't stretching it out between two of them and playing chicken to see who would let it go first]

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Is anyone still waiting for their gifts to arrive?

I am but the person doing mine has already said that it will be late so no issue there

If you haven't received yours please let me know and i'll chase the relevant people

Thanks

Dave

Sorry for the slow reply from me I had hoped to supply a picture or two but having USB problems!

I hade a very generous parcel containing two possibile pouches, one full of tinder; a years supply of belly button fluff (!!), some charcloth and a cramp ball. A further rumage revealed a BCUK logo'd (handmade) slate keyring, a small alcohol stove (which I could do with some info on whoever you are!) two chunks of fatwood and a paracord bracelet.

Many many thanks!

Leo

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Sorry for the slow reply from me I had hoped to supply a picture or two but having USB problems!

I hade a very generous parcel containing two possibile pouches, one full of tinder; a years supply of belly button fluff (!!), some charcloth and a cramp ball. A further rumage revealed a BCUK logo'd (handmade) slate keyring, a small alcohol stove (which I could do with some info on whoever you are!) two chunks of fatwood and a paracord bracelet.

Many many thanks!

Leo

Ok that was me :p Glad you liked it. The stove is just a coke can meths burner. Fill it up and it burns just like a trangia meths burner (without a lid to store fuel though). The holes in the side create the little super jets that you get on meths burners. If that makes no sense heres a video of one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2p9bnOGmSk&feature=related
ATB
Dan

Ok that was me :p Glad you liked it. The stove is just a coke can meths burner. Fill it up and it burns just like a trangia meths burner (without a lid to store fuel though). The holes in the side create the little super jets that you get on meths burners. If that makes no sense heres a video of one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2p9bnOGmSk&feature=related
ATB
Dan

Thanks buddy, I love little ingenious bits like this!

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
In the same boat as a couple of others having been on both secret santa threads and recieved one gift... Assuming at the mo that it's from the other thread as there were a couple of 'bought' things among some made stuff, am having puter trouble at the mo, but will ask OPs from both thrads to chase and then I'll know where to post photos and thanks!!! Hmmm... No sign of the ones I sent either so far. Definitely a chasing day!

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
iona i sent your gift and there deffinately is nothing bought in there, if it doesnt arrive by next week i'll put something else together.

We had a couple of gifts go awry last year but everything sorted itself out in the end

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE