Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Sep28377.jpg

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
could they be used for storage, maybe hanging from a branch, keep stuff of the wet ground and easily accessible ?????????

just a few thoughts

Adam.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
This is mine.

crabnet.jpg

I will post better pictures when I get the chance but they are very easy to make from:

£1 shop keep net
£1 shop crab line

and here is how.

If you have seen those £1 shop keep nets you will see that the are two section (three hoops) closed at the bottom and a draw cord at the top. Well I first take the large wight from the crab line and stitch it into the bottom of the keep net with some of the line.

next I cut the top 'cell' off just above the middle hoop and just below top one and retain the top draw cord hoop.

Stitch this hoop inside the net to the bottom one which more of the crab line to make the bait compartment (you can probably see that I keep the crab line in this compartment when not in use). finally stitch on the support line and weights which sink the hoop quicker. The idea behind this that it is less likely to drift off and settle flat on top of the base.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
We use washing powder bag ( contains small amount of bacon etc lol ) and cord ! works a treat ( although used a small landing net for addition security :)

CLICK TO LARGE etc

th_S7001505.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That was what I used. I made the above net as I to get revenge on a big crab at Conwy :D We were having a great time crabbing of the harbour wall and the little crab did the decency to take the full trip to the top before being thrown back in but there was this big bugger that started taking the free meal and dropping off into the drink to wait for the next time.

I was determined that this crab was not going to get the better of me and above is the result;)

Let just say next time I went he made the full journey to the top. I still chucked him back in the end though so he lives to fight another day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE