COVID-10 Critical Staff & Key Workers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I myself am listed as both critical staff and a key worker in my job so unless this virus strikes me or someone I live with then I'll be in work as normal.

But main reason for this post is I just wanted to say a massive big thank you to all our key workers who will continue to provide a service to the country during these difficult tines.

I'm sure you'll all join me.

OLO
www.onelifeoverland.com

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I agree but I also say thank you to anyone that is really trying to push on and keep this country going during these difficult times: all the health workers, all the emergency services, all the support services, but also everyone keeping the economy going. If everyone that can continues to get on with work and return to work as soon as they are able we will come out of this damaged but not broken.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
me to, i am a nurse researcher in ICU and currently am brushing up on icu skills while simultaneously trying to get some research studies open testing potential treatments (not single handedly i hasten to add - its a huge team effort, and i am but a tiny cog).

I think a shout out must go out to the people keeping the shelves stocked (or attempting to) - thats vital aswell.

I am looking forward to my free hot drinks from mcdonalds :D

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Free hot drinks, well there is a silver lining to being critical staff, I myself help keep the water flowing, to no less than half of the south of england, so I'll enjoy that tea or coffee, when I can stop.....

Agree that the often unrecognised hero's are the ones supplying and stocking the supermarkets.....and the ones behind the scenes making sure services are still operational, not seen but major contributers.

Last edited:

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
On Wednesday, I had to go to the eye clinic in our large local hospital for the latest in a course of injections into my eyeball. I was more worried about exposure to the virus than the procedure. However, my wimpy attitude was put into perspective by the health professionals who put themselves at risk all the time and when I expressed my thanks and appreciation for doing so, merely shrugged their shoulders.

One can only have the utmost respect for these people. I hope we remember the debt we owe them when things get back to normal.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
On Wednesday, I had to go to the eye clinic in our large local hospital for the latest in a course of injections into my eyeball. I was more worried about exposure to the virus than the procedure. However, my wimpy attitude was put into perspective by the health professionals who put themselves at risk all the time and when I expressed my thanks and appreciation for doing so, merely shrugged their shoulders.

One can only have the utmost respect for these people. I hope we remember the debt we owe them when things get back to normal.

Very true. I’ve been chasing up a prescription today, a daily med for thyroid deficiency. It was no trouble to thank the person at the surgery who sorted it out for me and ask her to pass it on to her colleagues.

A community newsletter arrived this morning from our local parish council offering help with deliveries, prescriptions, telephone social interaction etc. The local pub is keeping the kitchen open only, this is for takeaways that can be picked up from the pub doorstep without contact. Payment is Bank Transfer or on a tab so no contact. And impressively, to offer delivered and free of charge meals on Wednesday and Thursday evenings to those that are vulnerable and self isolating. Having lived here for several years I know this system isn’t going to be abused because everyone knows everyone and cares. It’s the little things that matter, kindness and gestures. :)

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Atleast my journey into London next week will be quiet and not full of people with ill-fitting and worn out face masks

Reactions: MrEd

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE