Course recommendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Fire Starter said:
PatrickM gives us quite a lot here on the forum, whereas the other schools around the country only give you something when you pay for it.

Many thanks to PatrickM

We are very fortunate to have an instructor who is so generous with his knowledge on the forum. Patrick :You_Rock_

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
hammy said:
Have you been on one of his courses ?
If not could you please stick to the thread.

to date I have attended two of his workshops, since this thread is about recommending instructors I fail to see how my post is off topic.

how does your post help to answer the question? :dunno:

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
I've done the weekend course with the survival school. Thoroughly enjoyed it, they managed to pack a huge amount in, but by necessity, they had to use the Blue Peter technique (prepare it earlier :D ) for anything complex.

The one aspect I was less pleased with was the way the instructors and trainee instructors retired to their own separate area each night. Is this normal on most courses?

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
pteron said:
I've done the weekend course with the survival school. Thoroughly enjoyed it, they managed to pack a huge amount in, but by necessity, they had to use the Blue Peter technique (prepare it earlier :D ) for anything complex.

The one aspect I was less pleased with was the way the instructors and trainee instructors retired to their own separate area each night. Is this normal on most courses?

There has been an instructor area on both courses I have been on. Thats not to say that they didn't come over to give evening lectures or just come over for an informal chat with everyone at points throughout the evening - I personally think it is a good way to encourage the students to meld together as a team a bit more rather than relying on the instructors to always be around, and probably to give the instructors a chance to relax a bit and prepare in peace for the next days classes ;)

Bosun

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 30, 2003
Gloucester, UK
Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. I'm sorry that I appear to have opened up such a huge can of worms, but hey.

I'll review the recommendations and, I hope, make a booking soon.

Thanks again for all your comments (I'm a bit mystified by Tengu's though).

Cheers

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Bosun said:
(I'm a bit mystified by Tengu's though)

Join the club matey :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Glad we could help and sorry there was a little argy bargy in the middle, hopefully that won't detract from the good recomendations for the various schools you've been given.

Cheers,

Bam. :)

SunDog

Forager
Oct 14, 2005
South Coast
Stuart said:
Are you not a friend of the instructors of bearclaw bam? Do you not meet with them regularly outside of being as you claim 'a student'

regardless of the interpretation of the rules, I think the people jumping into threads like this and 'recomending' schools because they work for them or have a freind who does makes a mockary of the rules preventing people from promoting there own schools. All they have to do is ask there friends to post on their behalf.

making it imposible for somone to get an unbiased and honest recommendation

My opinion, and one as you so often point out Bambodoggy I am entitled to voice

Perhaps we should leave any decisions on this to the moderating staff

A good thread messed up again.
I have followed BCUK for a while but don't often post. I find negative comments as above a real turn-off. A lot of people on here seem to be making really constructive, ego-free, un-opinionated contributions so it would be good if they were trusted to make their points for other people to enjoy. That is what I personally want to to read when I come on here, not a load of negative back-biting, which is really self-defeating among what should be an enjoyable forum.
Cheers.

Reactions: bambodoggy

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
SunDog said:
A good thread messed up again.
I have followed BCUK for a while but don't often post. I find negative comments as above a real turn-off. A lot of people on here seem to be making really constructive, ego-free, un-opinionated contributions so it would be good if they were trusted to make their points for other people to enjoy. That is what I personally want to to read when I come on here, not a load of negative back-biting, which is really self-defeating among what should be an enjoyable forum.
Cheers.
Nicely said Sundog.
Must meet up soon.
N

leon-1

Bosun said:
Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. I'm sorry that I appear to have opened up such a huge can of worms, but hey.

I'll review the recommendations and, I hope, make a booking soon.

Thanks again for all your comments (I'm a bit mystified by Tengu's though).

Cheers

No mate thanks for sticking with it, this one blew completely off topic and it was certainly no fault of yours. In fact people should really be apologising to you for hijacking your thread, which was an innocent question from a new member.

All the best,

Leon:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE