I am sure a moderator will be along soon to remove your link, but for now you'll have to make do with negative rep from me.6 Advertising:
Guidelines for Commercial companies, Distributors, craftsmen, retailers, schools and website owners:
Advertising is not permitted on the Bushcraft UK forum, outside the makers market and the commercial sales areas (these areas are governed by their own set of rules and guidelines.)
Overtly commercial language pertaining to products in which you have a vested commercial interest is not acceptable.
Members should not post links to their own commercial ventures, websites or forums.
Links to such websites in signatures are permissible (at the discretion of BCUK admin) as long as this is not abused and a clearly visible reciprocal link to Bushcraft UK is placed on the website to which the link points.
We do like to see genuine resources made available to our members, if you are a new company/website or have a new product/service which you think would be of interest to the membership of Bushcraft UK, please contact the administration via firstname.lastname@example.org who will (at there discretion) make an announcement on your behalf.
Moderators will use their judgment as necessary to help the forum run smoothly and to avoid any confusion.
General guidelines for making posts in which you intend to make reference to your own products are as follows:
1. Do not under any circumstances make reference to your own products unless a member has requested information with regards to your product specifically or made a factually incorrect statement about your product or you feel a post must be made in the interests of public safety.
2. Only post your response in the thread in which the query or error/safety issue exists and respond to the query/error/safety issue with a single post.
3. Clearly state that you are a representative of the company at the start of your post
4. Provide only information which is clear, factually correct and serves solely to answer the query or address the error/safety issue
5. Provide the information in an unbiased manner ensuring that you make no statements inferring superiority to any other product
6. Do not under any circumstances make reference to any other manufacturers products or services
7. If you are in any doubt as to the legitimacy of your post, send a copy of the post to an administrator or moderator requesting advice, even if you feel that your post conforms to these guidelines it is generally good practice to inform the admin of your intention to make reference to your products on the forum, in many cases it is more appropriate for the administration to make the statement on your behalf.
Any post which makes reference to your own products or services, which does not conform to the above guidelines will be regarded as an overtly commercial post and will be removed as could membership.
Nope, not in any way shape or form....never have and most likely never will. I'm too busy running Stump and Grind Ltd and training my new dogs! lolStuart said:I take it from your post Bambodoggy that you dont do any work for bearclaw then?
I would have thought it a point of personal ethics not to recommend a company owned by your friends, and leave such recommendations to people who have attended the schools on a strictly student only basis with no past association to the owner and therefore no inherent bias.6 Advertising:
Guidelines for BushcraftUK members:
It is perfectly acceptable for you to post information and links for products and services you feel would be of interest to other members, provided they are not of vested commercial interest to yourself or your associates.
a thoughtful if misinformed gesture, the link you provided was not to me, I have not been involved in the supply of speedhooks for quite some timebambodoggy said:(P.s. hope you didn't mind me providing a link to you to supply people with Speedhooks the other day ).
Here we go again.......more bad feelings which do not appear to be necessary......given that Chris has stated that he was just a happy customer of the school in question, at the very least should not the "negative rep" be withdrawn?Stuart said:Very Naughty Chris recommending and posting a link to your own School, you know the BCUK rules are very clear about this:
I am sure a moderator will be along soon to remove your link, but for now you'll have to make do with negative rep from me.
no I am saying that close freinds and dinking buddys of school owners should not be advertising their associates schools, just as the rules state.You're almost saying that a course member can be construed as an associate and through enthusing about an experience, I could be breaching forum rules?