Cool modern/traditional cabin

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I quite like that, thanks for posting, I'd want a bit more insulation though. :)

I can't tell for sure from the photos (and I don't have a translator to read the article) but are those full logs? They do look like full shaped logs. Or lumber? If they're full logs, they have a good thermal mass in and of themselves.

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
I'd want a bit more insulation though. :)

Logs are very warm. As long as the chinking is good (as it appears to be) , that building would use very little firewood to keep warm. In fact, it's very easy to get a log building too warm, to the point of being so uncomfortable that the door has to be thrown open. I know this from experience.:)

are those full logs? They do look like full shaped logs. Or lumber? If they're full logs, they have a good thermal mass in and of themselves.

I would say most definitely they are logs. The dovetailed corners are clearly visible.
And I agree about the thermal mass retaining heat. Log buildings are incredibly warm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE