Cooking

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster
We all know open fires arnt tolerated as they once we're I'm thinking of getting a wood gasifier stove are they as good as they look ?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Yes. They are brilliant. Hardly any smoke once you get going, and even after hours of cooking, the ash is almost burned up too. One of the best bits of kit I’ve ever bought. Been using one for 20 years near enough. Solo stove make various sizes. The small can do most things, but the bigger ones take larger pieces of wood, so don’t require as much attention. I use the small one a lot, and take the bigger one if cooking for two or three people.

0B022E1A-FBF5-4404-AFC9-25DF123FC358.jpegAFD9D162-3680-4165-9DEF-2CC6D24BA7C2.jpegEA2BC449-8C00-4DB2-BA0F-A8F0674A9703.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Spirit fish

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Yes. They are brilliant. Hardly any smoke once you get going, and even after hours of cooking, the ash is almost burned up too. One of the best bits of kit I’ve ever bought. Been using one for 20 years near enough. Solo stove make various sizes. The small can do most things, but the bigger ones take larger pieces of wood, so don’t require as much attention. I use the small one a lot, and take the bigger one if cooking for two or three people.

View attachment 68376View attachment 68377

Is that Crain?

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster

View attachment 68376View attachment 68377View attachment 68378
Wow that's awesome iv always been a minimalist bushcrafter but I'm deffo getting one of these stoves how do u set it off burning? I presume u use silver birch bark the ultimate firestarter

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster

View attachment 68376View attachment 68377View attachment 68378
btw I really like your knife I'm happy with my basic mora atm I'm very minimilist,does it have a handle ?that opens to store small things like fishing hooks ect

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Wow that's awesome iv always been a minimalist bushcrafter but I'm deffo getting one of these stoves how do u set it off burning? I presume u use silver birch bark the ultimate firestarter
Stick loads of twigs in it and just set fire to the top. Birch bark, tissue, etc etc. Soon takes without much fuss.

Reactions: Spirit fish

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE