Cooking Kit Help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JamieA

Need to contact Admin...
May 22, 2012
Swansea, South Wales
Hi guys,

Finally got all the kit need to make my hobo stove (pics to follow) but am at a cross road as to which mess kit to buy. Choices are:

1. 12cm Zebra Billy - Durable and speaks for it self really.
2. Hi Gear Backpack 2 Cookset - Light and will have one tin for cooking and one for brew.

Both sets will fit inside my 13.5cm hobo stove so really stuck. Any input would be grately appreciated.

Cheers
Jamie

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I have the Zebra billy in mine. Works perfect. I found the handle too bulky and replaced with crimped on Mountain bike brake cable. Works great. The inner can of the zebra is useful as another cooking bowl and plate. You can just about make out the mod in this pic.

Attachments

• hobo5a.jpg
    hobo5a.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 15

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I always recommend
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Pce-Cam...amping_CookingSupplies_ET&hash=item3349bb57ba

2, 4, and 6 pint pots, fit inside each other, price is right too.

Thats the set I've got, not having alot of money they looked pretty good. Haven't used them too much and haven't had any serious bashing around yet, but I've had them about a year and they seem to be holding up ok so far. Only been cooking on meths haven't tried them on/in a fire yet [although I thought the set I got was steel]

Jimmy Bojangles

Forager
Sep 10, 2011
Derbyshire
I'd say, if you do lots of long distance hiking then go for the ali, otherwise get the Zebra, and a Tatonka mug to go inside. That's the set up I have and it works well for me.

Cheers

Mat

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE