Conquer the Advocado

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I have an Advocado coming to full ripeness in the Window.

I have always shyed away from it in the past but reading various articles about how wonderful and healthy it is to incorporate it into ones diet I am willing to venture into brave new worlds.

So, what tasty recipes can I make it into? Anything for the lunch box would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
When I was in Chile last year avocado seemed to be served in & with everything. Grilled chicken salad sandwiches (with slices of avocado) was my favourite but there not bad in burgers either. At home we just have them as part of a salad with a bit of vinaigrette.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Cut in half, remove the stone, then slice thinly and add to sandwiches. Goes well with cheese, bacon, tomato, ham, most things that you would put in a sandwich really.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Trust me it isn't :)

Blend it with a little sesame oil and finely chopped chillies and then smear over chicken skewers for a great impromptu satay :)

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Put avocado and a small rock on a metal tray, heat on high until both are slightly soft, throw avocado away, eat rock, trust me it will be tastier.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE