Congratulations to all our German members. :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Well done to them- though I was really wanted Argentina to take it and Messi was still the best player on the pitch in my opinion and the golden ball was well deserved. Germany didn't really dominate that much really and Argentinas offside goal and Higuain's missed chances they did very well. A great game to watch! :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
They won the bloody world cup 4 days ago. I wish they'd stop banging on about it.

How long did it take us to go stumm about Andy Murray? Bradley Wiggins? All that other stuff about the Olympics went on a lot longer than four days, eh? :)

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Dont watch football cant stand the game but did want Germany to beat Argentina, as for messi, well I flicked over as he was going the steps to collect a trophy he looked and acted like a spoilt brat who had his x box taken off him, wouldnt shake hands or acknowledge the fans and his bottom lip was sticking out so far he was nearly tripping over it, its one of the reasons I cant stand the game.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Dont watch football cant stand the game but did want Germany to beat Argentina, as for messi, well I flicked over as he was going the steps to collect a trophy he looked and acted like a spoilt brat who had his x box taken off him, wouldnt shake hands or acknowledge the fans and his bottom lip was sticking out so far he was nearly tripping over it, its one of the reasons I cant stand the game.

Or he was upset because his team and him just lost the biggest game of their lives- he's still the best player in the world who was lumbered with a not so good team and he has achieved a lot in his life. If there's something that should annoy people about football it should be the likes of Luis Suarez, who can't seem to stop biting people!

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
giving Messi the Golden Ball is like giving Suarez a fair play award, the best 2 players were Thomas Muller and Javier Mascherano, it should have been one of them, Mascherano was incredible for the whole tournament

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
giving Messi the Golden Ball is like giving Suarez a fair play award, the best 2 players were Thomas Muller and Javier Mascherano, it should have been one of them, Mascherano was incredible for the whole tournament

No way! Thomas Mueller is not as good as lots of players. Arjen Robin, Robin van Persie, James Rodriguez, Neymar, and more. Germany won because they had the best overall team- not best individuals. Look at Portugal- Christiano Ronaldo is a top player and he couldn't take them through because of a horrible team. Zlatan Ibrahomivich is Swedish and they don't even qualify for world tournaments. Messi has the most talent of them all- no one who plays now uses little space like him- his free kick was incredible and no one else in the tournament would have scored that. I'm babbling but the fact Messi is always compared to the likes of Marradona and Pele tells you how good he is, no one makes that comparison about the likes of Mueller (although he is still a great player for Germany- I think if he wasn't on they'd cope just as well without him, because Germany's team mean one player gone makes little difference. Sammy khedira missed the final- he is though of as a key player and Germany didn't miss him that much whereas If Messi missed an Argentina match they'd be in a bad state- much the same as Brazil missing Thiago Silva and Neymar- they have other good players but Luiz and Marcelo aren't defenders and that's why they lost.) just my 2p :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE