Congrats

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
congratulations my friends , that was some serious kiwi abuse today , well played ! That one nz try was such an accident even they where not ready. Even though I am a NZ fanboy, still credit has to be give when needed , amazing play England , I'm pretty sure you guys will be RWC 2019 champions!

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Brilliant game!
For reasons too boring to explain, I have to monitor my blood pressure daily. Tension since we knew last week that we had to play the All blacks, kept my BP high. After the match, I took my BP and the reading was the lowest it has been since the start of the tournament! Just win next week lads and my doctor can relax.

Reactions: Gcckoka and Toddy

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Watched it in full on my phone last night. I'm glad I was torn away from the TV Saturday because I couldn't watch it live without getting stressed.

As good as England were I never thought the ABs couldn't come back at them. Imho their greatest aspect of their game is they play all the minutes available to them without letting up on their pace and drive to win. I once got told New Zealanders have a very high drive to succeed. If they're following this side they will have.

So IMHO we've had the best game of this WC. Tie final will be important but the peak has happened.

BTW so glad SA got through. Two reasons. First I thought the better side lost in their quarters. Second England somehow find a way to lose against Wales. SA are a very good side, iirc the southern half version of the Welsh 6 nations holders Wales (in title won not style or ability). They'll not be a push over. England will earn b their win if they even get it.

Mind you, what a coach in Eddie Jones. Ruthless and calculating. Loved his interviews. "One more week mate! " So very true. One week to history. 2003 remembered but knocked back from collective memories as our successful WC.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
people deal with bitter disappointment in all sorts of ways. But talk about hero to zero in one week....tw#tting the all blacks was some achievement.No one has done it that comprehensively EVER, and most likely never will again....gatland was proved right though, the semi DID prove to be Englands "final" they peaked a week early. The players today had that pre 2015 dazed and confused toby flood nervous aura about them. How was that the same team that bossed the all blacks, outwitting and outmuscling, rattling and humiliating them so brutally just one week ago? Bitter reality, especially when the all blacks beat SA in the first pool game.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
No, that action was agreed on before.

This is one of the benefits being a ‘national mongrel’ like me.
I can hugely enjoy a good game, no matter which side is better!

Despite a loss and the embarrassing medal refusal, still a good team!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE