Confirming a Lowe Alpine Saracen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I was after a Saracen for a long while but all i found were ones in beat up condition, no pouches and far too much money.
Found what I think is a good deal, the Dutch army version of the lowe alpine saracen, complete, including side pouches in grade 1 condition, for £80.

Sounds good to me so i have pushed the button.

But, i had only just recently bought a british army PLCE bergen.
It came complete with pouches and yoke, grade 1. For £50.

I was very happy with it, but what pros and cons can i expect the saracen to have over it. My bergen fits me very well and is no trouble at all walking fully loaded, although i see the saracen has a few extra features and an interesting fitting system.

Just wondering how they compare really, im really looking forwards to receiving mine and ill see soon enough, but id love to hear your views, experiences and what to expect!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Billy-o

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Are they sold as good as new or heavily used and degraded by aging?
Is that 100% 1000 den Cordura Nylon fabric or are the string closure snow collars PU coated thinner material that delaminates?
Do the carrying straps slip through the plastic buckles or not?

If they are good I probably also will buy one for winter use and vehicle transport.

Seems also to replace easily a 2 man tent...

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Are they sold as good as new or heavily used and degraded by aging?
Is that 100% 1000 den Cordura Nylon fabric or are the string closure snow collars PU coated thinner material that delaminates?
Do the carrying straps slip through the plastic buckles or not?

If they are good I probably also will buy one for winter use and vehicle transport.

Seems also to replace easily a 2 man tent...
I'll lyk when it gets here. As far as I can tell it's exactly the same as this one in this video.

I wasn't sure about pushing the button, especially because all the packs i'd seen were absolutely battered and cost far too much but after seeing that video and seeing it listed as good condition, i went for it. I had to buy it now as i didnt want to miss out, as ive not seen such a seemingly good deal and if i have they sell too quick.

Last pack I bought from this website came almost good as new, grade 1, just some pen marks on it. That was the PLCE bergen.

Purchased from
Surplusandoutdoors

Been a happy customer before so fingers crossed for another good buy.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I don't know whether my Dutch army saracen is a genuine Lowe or not, and am not particularly bothered because in any case it is built like the proverbial brick outhouse.

Reactions: Mowmow

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I'll lyk when it gets here. As far as I can tell it's exactly the same as this one in this video.

I wasn't sure about pushing the button, especially because all the packs i'd seen were absolutely battered and cost far too much but after seeing that video and seeing it listed as good condition, i went for it. I had to buy it now as i didnt want to miss out, as ive not seen such a seemingly good deal and if i have they sell too quick.

Last pack I bought from this website came almost good as new, grade 1, just some pen marks on it. That was the PLCE bergen.

Purchased from
Surplusandoutdoors

Been a happy customer before so fingers crossed for another good buy.

I have got a lot of stuff from Surplus and Outdoors over time, under lockdown it is order online only unfortunately, you cannot rummage through the shop any more. Delivery is very prompt.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I have got a lot of stuff from Surplus and Outdoors over time, under lockdown it is order online only unfortunately, you cannot rummage through the shop any more. Delivery is very prompt.
Aye ive ordered from them a few times. It says they aim for next working day delivery so expecting tomorrow hopefully.
Brilliant.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE