Compound bow arrows

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I still use a 17 year old Barnett safari. Found wooden arrows are a no no, they break.
Aluminum ones bent when hitting hard targets so I'm still using graphite ones.
Pennington's in castleford or Alexanders in Wakefield are where I buy mine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
What weight is your bow and draw lenght?

Was gonna say......

You need to get your draw length and weight sorted first, I recommend Easton Arrows and advise you to go to their site and check out their arrow chart for correct spine. Easton are good arrows but they are widely available in the UK including on Ebay so if you do that you will likely find something that will suit.

Or better still, get yourself to an archery shop or to someone who knows

Compounds are not to be messed with BTW (apologies if this sounds patronising) they have so much stored energy and if you get the spine wrong, at best you will not get groups and likely have arrows all over the place at worse you can have a bow exploding because much too light an arrow is no better really than a dry fire and folk get killed with wheelie bow malfunctions every year!

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
28 ,, 30 inch

Compound bows are usually at least 40lb and mostly in the 50-60lb bracket so if you've put it on a scale my guess is you've found the holding weight after its over the cams. Draw lengths are set too so you should find out the actual length and not some rough length within a couple of inches.......

You could have something that spits out at 300fps and serious & you won't get the best of it unless you have the right arrows, get to a shop or club

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
If you want to pop round the house I'll have a look at it Gaz.

I've a couple of sets fletched for compound that we can try if they're in the ballpark.
...actually just making up a new set and will be going out the farm soon to reset the sights to suit. You're welcome to come along then as well and see how to set things up if you like.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE