Compact wood chopper - MLL Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MLL Knives

Forager
Apr 8, 2012
Portugal
www.mllknivespt.com
Hello everyone,

This is the small Wildland.

The Wildland knife is a compact cutting tool, very easy to carry, placed on the belt does not disturb the walk and fits easily in a bag or backpack.
The Wildland is a powerful chopper designed to be used in real situations of survival or bushcraft, has an ergonomic handle that fits nicely in hand and increases the grip, the blade is very sharp, and strong enough to fell a tree.

The blade has a scandi grind to allow for a more durable edge, and ease of sharpening, has a curved cutting edge in order to increase the cutting efficiency, not only will this tool cut down a tree or split logs for the fire, it will also allow you to shave some fire sticks with ease, making it able to go from heavy work to fine intricate work without a problem.

Features:

Blade: O1 High Carbon Steel.
Overall length: 10″ (250mm).
Blade length: 5″ (130mm).
Blade thickness: 1/4″ (6mm).
Handle: Wood (Portuguese white oak) or Micarta.
Weight: 15.8 ounces (450g).
Sheath: Brown or black leather.

To learn more about my work go to my site www.mllknivespt.com.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/MLLKnives

If you have any questions about my knives feel free to ask for clarification my email is: mllknivespt@mllknivespt.com
I will respond as soon as possible.

If you like of my knives and want to buy one.
To place orders PM to my contact in BushcraftUK or contact me for email: mllknivespt@mllknivespt.com
I accept Paypal.

Price: 122 GBP free shipping.

wildland3.jpg

wildland4.jpg

wildland5.jpg

wildland6.jpg

Thank you
Mario Leao

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I commented on this knife over on BB, i like the look of it, its what the Tom Brown tracker wants to be when it grows up,

Well done Mario,

Rob

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I commented on this knife over on BB, i like the look of it, its what the Tom Brown tracker wants to be when it grows up,

Well done Mario,

Rob

Glad I've no money....this is screaming to be bought :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
really not my kind of thing at all, but still a great design and nicely executed too, and at a great price IMHO. well done mario :)

MLL Knives

Forager
Apr 8, 2012
Portugal
www.mllknivespt.com
Thank you everyone for the comments.
I appreciate you guys like it.
The holes in the blade are (for example) to tie the knife to a stick and make a spear, may be useful to cut something that is out of reach, or for fishing, or do a clamshell, is more useful in a situation of survival, in bushcraft is not so useful but it is better to have, you may need them.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Mario, as a happy user of one of your knives, all I can say is that they are simply excellent for heavy work and fine shaving alike.

I've spent a lot more money on a knife in the past and not been nearly as happy with it as the craftsmanship and quality of yours.

From me, a biggoodjob

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I think it looks neat, nice and chunky! ;)

any chance of a video demonstration? I think it's always good to get an idea of performance with knives like this and I'd certainly watch it!

MLL Knives

Forager
Apr 8, 2012
Portugal
www.mllknivespt.com
I think it looks neat, nice and chunky! ;)

any chance of a video demonstration? I think it's always good to get an idea of performance with knives like this and I'd certainly watch it!

Hello Samon,
I currently have a small video but hasn't good quality, the camera quality is poor, I did it in the forest and the conditions aren't good, if you want to see here: http://youtu.be/q5XIoYF9j_U was just a test to see how the camera could handle, not good.

Shortly going to do a photo review then post here.

Thanks
Mario Leao

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Hello Samon,
I currently have a small video but hasn't good quality, the camera quality is poor, I did it in the forest and the conditions aren't good, if you want to see here: http://youtu.be/q5XIoYF9j_U was just a test to see how the camera could handle, not good.

Shortly going to do a photo review then post here.

Thanks
Mario Leao

I'd say that video was pretty good, and the knife did well! was the wood hard on the tree?

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Better snap this up lads, I'ts growing on me. If its here at the end of the month it will be heading for my bug out bag ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE