Comfort food(s)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
What do you like to bring along as a favorite comfort food for those dreary days that slog you in and keep you in the tent/shelter?

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Instant custard! All you need to do is boil some water and the stuff is as good as made. Cut up some fruit and drop it in, or simply have a great big mug full of the stuff. :)

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Tea here too. If I'm cold and miserable it should be strong and sugary! Apricot and Raisin Geobars are rapidly becoming a favourite too.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
chocloate anything seems to work well -especially triple chocolate cookies but they have to still be warm.

Or cheese on toast. Could eat that all day long.

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Chocolate - what else? ;) Gotta be really dark and bitter - my fave is Green & Blacks.

Tea is a granted - kinda like air.

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
I don't generally need comfort foods while I'm on the trail...

but at work I eat roasted peanuts, chocolate biscuits, grapes, chocolate bars, any other biscuits that are lying around, cake, mini cheddars, pick 'n mix and ginger beer! :lmao:

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
gregorach said:
Chocolate - what else? ;) Gotta be really dark and bitter - my fave is Green & Blacks.

Tea is a granted - kinda like air.

Yup Green and Blacks is pretty special....got 5 bars sat in front of me right now :D :D (lucky me :rolleyes: )

Have you tried the Maya Gold one Dunc?

ScanDgrind

Banned
Mar 18, 2004
Cornwall
clipper said:
Peperami noodles and coffee :D
Strewth Pete, I wouldn't want to spend long in an enclosed space with you, not after that lot :) .

My particular favourites would have to be peanut M&M'd or a massive slab of me Mums's heavy fruit cake both with a nice hot cuppa.

All the best,

Tony

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Phil562 said:
Thats a good boy, now go and get some caffeine down your grid :lmao: :lmao:

Now I can hardly type, hands shaking to much, and as for the palpitations, and the constant talking about absolutely nothing in particular, its incredible I feel so awake and aware of my suroundings,............bla...............bla.....................bla......................bla........bla :lmao:

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Ovaltine, made with just hot water (and some sugar). Practically lived off the it for a few 5 day winter camping trips in the Beacons.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Gotta be fruit of any description for me, particulary fond of dried fruit at the moment, raisans, currants, apricots, figs etc, usually take a small bag of dried mixed fruit with me on the trail to munch, plus you can add them to Bannock if you make one, also guarantees that nobody will want to share a tent or bivi with you :lmao:

Also got a penchant for Jelly Beans at moment - don't know why, just saw them in the shop now i can't get enough of 'em, the other one i take on the odd occasion is Biltong, if it lasts that long once it's been delivered (not got around to making my own yet) :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE