Coleman Dual Fuel Lamp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

toptec

Sep 3, 2009
manchester
Just bought one of these of a good member on here, anyone got a list of what fuels could be used other than the ones stated in the destructions?
I have run it on panel wipe "very impressive" but it's not the cheapest by far. Anyone got any ideas?
Over to you luverly lot
Steve

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
You are restricted to petrol, coleman fuel, panel wipe or aspen. Petrol will eventually clog up thee tube but as petrol is so much cheaper and the tube cheap to replace it is worth using it.

gasesa3u.jpg

People do say that unleaded will clog it up but I've used a dual fuel two ring stove, dual fuel 443 stove & dual fuel lanterns on only unleaded every year since about 1999. Some years it's every day for a month plus the other trips. The only servicing I've needed to do is on the pump so I can recommend them.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
+1 on Aspen 4. NOT Aspen 2 as it has 2 stroke oil in it.

I have just got some of each and will be revieweing it very soon.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
What do you mean by panel wipe ? Thinners or a tcut type fluid ? My mate has a refinishing company.....I'm wondering if it's something they may use ?
Cheers

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I believe its a thinners type of fluid used for degreasing panels prior to painting
Regards
Steve

Cheers Steve . That will be the stuff we used before the 2pack paint went on my ally rv roof then . Mmmm now to try some in my stove.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Cheers Steve . That will be the stuff we used before the 2pack paint went on my ally rv roof then . Mmmm now to try some in my stove.

Don't get the water based panel wipe or it just don't ... work

It burns clean and if you spill it won't leave a stink like petrol and won't clog your stoves or lanterns its well worth the dosh; go for it :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich

toptec

Sep 3, 2009
manchester
Don't get the water based panel wipe or it just don't ... work

It burns clean and if you spill it won't leave a stink like petrol and won't clog your stoves or lanterns its well worth the dosh; go for it :)

+1 on that, it a great fuel, burns clean / no smell, just expensive.....
What about bio ethanol? would that work?
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE