Coleman camp oven

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Just a quick mini review of the Coleman camp oven using a cassette stove

gatujane.jpg

Here's the oven shrouded in a heat reflector made from foil coated fibre glass sheeting used in the automotive industry for protecting under bonnet parts from engine heat

zezu4ege.jpg

For the test I used part baked rolls. They're supposed to be baked for 6-8mins at 220c

6uqa9a5u.jpg

On a baking tray ready to go in

gytedute.jpg

Heated up the oven to 180c, took about 10 mins

e3ytuged.jpg

After 7 mins, perfect.

5a4ada3a.jpg

Nom nom

Folded up measures approx 12x12x3 ins.

Internal rack is approx 11x8 ins.
Well impressed

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
A cassette stove are those single (or sometimes double) briefcase stoves that have a gas canister on the one side under a cover

132424cka

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Ah right thanks. Cracking idea a proper oven, man cant live on burgers alone, he needs pies n pizza.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Nice Gray, looks like a cracking bit of basecamp gear. Any snags with it so far?

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
You need a cover really, takes ages to heat up outside otherwise as there's loads of gaps in it. Once its hot, turn the heat down or it burns the underside of your food. A bit of trial and error involved

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
They come up on the bay from time to time. IIRC they are not sold by Coleman over here, don't know why? I've had several and sold them on, they just don't do it for me as getting a constant temp is nigh on impossible. They also need some sort of lagging or jacket as all the heat escapes! The older Veritas ovens are better if you want a base camp option. The aren't collapseable like the Coleman oven but they are twin skinned so the temperature is more controllable. I like and use the "stove top" type oven. I find they seem to work better for me, but each to there own.

Si

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Thats a good idea about the blanket, i use heavy tinfoil on my coleman, but that looks much more efficient.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Thanks for the thread. I have been mulling over getting one of these ovens quite a while. Its a shame extra insulation is needed to keep the heat in properly but easily overcome with some ingenuity.
I'm trying to think of a suitable insulating thin sheet material that could be paired with the original oven panels?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
They will work without insulation, just not as well. I'd not use one over a canister stove due to potential overheating the butane canister but I have used them over a Nova and a 413G Coleman twin burner. The 413 and oven are a perfect match so...Gray...put one on your 'next to buy' list :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE