Coleman 533 Sportster stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ciaopaddy

Sep 27, 2005
Co.Galway
Anybody got any tips on re-fitting the generator to one of these ?

It either leaks fuel no matter what way I tighten back up the nut or, if I put a bit of tape on the thread which solves the leak, it won't feed any fuel at all, gah.

pwb

I've only worked on my 442 feather weight but I think they use the same generator tube.

Is the flared end of the tube in good shape, if it's deformed that could explain the leak also did you reconnect the control wire ( don't know the correct name).

I wonder if the jet is blocked that would put pressure on the join but I still think that it should not leak even under extra pressure :bluThinki .

I'm sure rik-uk3 will be able to diagnose your problem though :) .

Cheers, Pete.

Ciaopaddy

Sep 27, 2005
Co.Galway
The flared bit seems ok and I'm making sure it's flush before tightening the nut, the hook is attached n all too. It's probably something tiny and if I try it a few more times it'll suddenly come together, been at it nearly two hours now tho, maddening.

pwb

The flared bit seems ok and I'm making sure it's flush before tightening the nut, the hook is attached n all too. It's probably something tiny and if I try it a few more times it'll suddenly come together, been at it nearly two hours now tho, maddening.

Know how you feel :) ,
I'm sure you'll get it sorted ....that or chuck it out the window :D .

ATB, Pete.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE