Coleman 2 burner duel fuel stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marshall4771

Forager
Jan 5, 2004
Bingley,West Yorkshire
BRAND NEW but no BOX

This was bought for a trip to Africa that didnt come off.

Specs below

COLEMAN 2 BURNER DUEL FUEL STOVE

The perfect perfect partner on family or group camp whatever the weather.

The UNLEADED 2-BURNER features 2 burners, large pan support area and effective windshields. For convenience and protection, the stove packs away into a self-contained carry case.

• 21,000 BTUs total cooking power (11,500 BTUs on main burner and 9,500 on auxiliary burner)
• Boils one quart of water in 4 minutes
• Operates on clean-burning Coleman fuel or unleaded petrol
• One tank operates up to 2 hours on high
• 17.75" x 11.5" x 4.875" (closed)
Folds up into brief case size

£ 60 posted to mainland UK.

Thanks for looking

Shaun

Last edited:

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Great stove, good price but DON'T use car fuel or it will clog.

Hi Rik,

I understand your post, after all, petrol will create soot regardless of whether it's unlleaded or not....however...
We have a three ring version for family camping, had it three years so I suppose it has been used for a total of about 10 weeks constant use; ie brekky lunch dinner plus numerous brew ups x 70 ...not horrendous use agreed, but it has only ever been run on unleaded and I have yet to have to clean the nozzles (although I check them prior to each trip).

Same for my old Coleman Northstar and the two lanterns we still use. Frankly, being able to syphon fuel out of the car to use is a great benefit. That said, we have just got a new family wagon and it has the tamper proof fuel inlet...I may need to strat travelling with fuel cans ;)

Cheers

Sack

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Car fuel is full of additives and you really don't want to breath any of the fumes off the stuff and as you burn it a residual gunk builds up in the generators. You will bugger up your stoves and lanterns quicker using this fuel than a clean fuel like naptha (panel wipe or Aspen 4T).

If you don't believe me go ask at the classic camp stove forum or the bebacklater lantern forum, thousands of stove and lantern enthusiasts world wide can't all be wrong. I've got maybe half a dozen Coleman stoves (including an older 413 twin burner) and four lanterns and to be honest I'd put pins in my eyes before I put car fuel through any of them. I've one 1962 lantern that is on its original generator because in 50 years its only ever had pure fuel used in it.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
This comes up so often I think there should be a sticky someplace.

Richard is right, road fuels contains additives like lubricants, stabilizers and corrosion inhibitors designed to improve the performance of the fuels when they're burned in engines. These same additives can do bad things to stoves.

Stoves and lanterns which run on petrol and similar liquid hydrocarbon fuels (i.e. not alcohol fuels) usually contain a 'generator'. The generator is more or less a tube which is heated by the flame. The generator only works when it's hot. That's why you have to 'prime' (preheat) a petrol or paraffin stove, you have to get the generator hot before you get a clean, blue flame. As the fuel passes through the hot generator it is turned into a gas by the generator and it is this gas which burns with a nice blue flame.

When road fuel passes through a generator, the additives tend to build up inside the generator (not the jet) because they either aren't so volatile or they are decomposed (turned into horrible gunk) on contact with the hot surface of the generator.

Coleman sell replacement generators for their stoves.

Now you know why.

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
Whilst I have to agree with Rik,
I would also say that i have used unleaded in some stoves and yes it does clog the generator but over quite a while.
I don't use unleaded anymore unless I have to but They will work with unleaded.
The thing that stops me using unleaded more then cloging the generator (on a vintage stove pure fuel only!!!) is the toxic fumes you get with unleaded. If I do use unleaded then the stove id def outside witha good breeze!
so the stoves that are 'users' sometimes get unleaded but if I can its panel wipe.
Alan

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Im not doubting that road fuels does not burn as clean as alternative fuels but I have used a coleman northstar for about 10 years and a coleman sporster stove for at leat 4 years on nothing but unleaded with no problems so far.

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
WOW...sorry marshall...didn't know my post would cause such a snowball...I only wanted to redress the balance after Rik's post...

Good piece of kit up for sale though guys..big thumbs up from me

....I'll shut up now

sack

Andy J

Forager
Oct 28, 2006
north wales
Anyone thinking of buying this stove- Just buy it! They are spot on, had mine for over 10 years, no problems. But, my other Coleman Stoves have the generator tubes replaced a few times, and I allways thought it was cooking supper at 2 in the morning, after a night of partying at Bike Rallies, then leaving the stove outside the tent to " Cool off", then it rains on the burner, Guaranteed not to work, take it home, strip it and fit a new generator tube. That's happened on my Peak1, and the Sportster. The Peak 1 is 15 years old, and 3 tubes, and at a tenner a go, it's not bad, is it?? Thanks, Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE